ADVERTISEMENT

Well Well, Danny Ford Growing Weed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t understand how anyone could put marijuana and opioids on the same playing field. You might as well compare baseball to water polo. Opioids are highly addictive. Marijuana is not. Opioids will kill you if you quit them cold turkey if you are a severe junkie. Maruijauna will do nothing to you if you quote it cold turkey, even if you smoke an ounce a day.
It depends on the person. Everyone is different. I know several people who have to smoke every day or they can't function, and to me, that sounds like addiction.

Hasn't anyone ever told you that No One would know how ignorant you are if YOU didn't post your thoughts on this forum???

F-ing Idiot
Most opioid addicts these days got hooked from having chronic pain and their doctor wouldn't continue prescribing pain pills forever. Thus, they turn to the black market. The image of the dirty junkies in Panic In Needle Park is mostly incorrect. Marijuana is a good non-addictive medicine for pain management and nausea. My bro-in-law uses it to alleviate chronic back pain without the use of addictive pain meds.[/QUOTE]
Its not just the people going to the doctors for pain anymore. It has gotten increasingly more common amongst young abusers. There are a bunch of these new school rappers talking about popping percs and sipping on lean which has codeine in it. I just got out of a relationship with a 26 year old girl who has been taking pain pills since she was a teenager. I got her in rehab and the day she came home she took a lortab. I couldn't deal with it anymore.

Industrial hemp was originally outlawed to protect the wood industry campaign donors. Other than helping out Weyerhauser from a budding competitive industry, it made zero sense to outlaw this extremely helpful crop.

"Isn't not 'weed'"? Now that there's some evidence of marijuana use in the past.

I don't understand the idea of liberalizing or legalizing marijuana usage when our biggest public health crisis today is opioids. Sure, lots of old stoners will claim that they never proceeded past marijuana, but with this new stuff, it only takes a little bit and you're hooked.

Scientific American just published an article stating exactly the opposite of your sentiments. If you're worried about the opiod crisis, you should favor legalization or decriminalization of weed.

Multiple studies have shown that pro-medical marijuana states have reported fewer opiate deaths and there are no deaths related to marijuana overdose on record.
LINK

It depends on the person. Everyone is different. I know several people who have to smoke every day or they can't function, and to me, that sounds like addiction.

“Addiction is defined as a chronic, relapsing brain disease that is characterized by compulsive drug seeking and use, despite harmful consequences. It is considered a brain disease because drugs change the brain; they change its structure and how it works. These brain changes can be long lasting and can lead to many harmful, often self-destructive, behaviors.”

Marijuana does not change the chemical make up of the brain. Opioids mimic the natural chemicals in your body. Therefore your body stops producing its natural chemical and depends on the exogenous chemicals. This is the same with most addictive drugs. Marijuana does not mimic anything. Therefore your body does not become physically addicted to you. You absolutely do not HAVE to have it to survive. The same can not be said for other drugs like opioids. Therefore marijuana does not fit the scientific definition of drug addiction.

“Addiction is defined as a chronic, relapsing brain disease that is characterized by compulsive drug seeking and use, despite harmful consequences. It is considered a brain disease because drugs change the brain; they change its structure and how it works. These brain changes can be long lasting and can lead to many harmful, often self-destructive, behaviors.”

Marijuana does not change the chemical make up of the brain. Opioids mimic the natural chemicals in your body. Therefore your body stops producing its natural chemical and depends on the exogenous chemicals. This is the same with most addictive drugs. Marijuana does not mimic anything. Therefore your body does not become physically addicted to you. You absolutely do not HAVE to have it to survive. The same can not be said for other drugs like opioids. Therefore marijuana does not fit the scientific definition of drug addiction.

We don't believe in science anymore in America. In fact, you cannot even say the word at the CDC and HHS.

Leave it to the taters and cesspool they create. They created that synthetic pot shit that makes people eat other humans.

I know a lot of people who have to have coffee to function...sounds like an addiction as well.

Reactions: DC-99
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT