ADVERTISEMENT

We're looking for a new pitching coach

Still no change with our hitting?
Hitting coach was new last year and didn't have full fall or spring practice to change our approach. Even Holbrook took a season and a half to change our approach at the plate after he took over from Lee. Give Lake this year to see how he does.

Sounds like another leave the sinking ship deal. Next year could be really bad. Hope the baseball team doesn't settle into mediocrity.

Hitting coach was new last year and didn't have full fall or spring practice to change our approach. Even Holbrook took a season and a half to change our approach at the plate after he took over from Lee. Give Lake this year to see how he does.
Stuart is anything but "new". He's been basically our hitting coach the entire time he's been here. He just finally got the title.

I understand what may have been out in the press. It was not how things actually were.
Fake news! Ha!
We better hit a dinger on this next hire. Kingston probably already has a fallback in place. We can only hope he can tow the line. If we stick with Lake/Current, mediocrity will be allowed to settle in for multiple seasons.

Last edited:
Troy has a nice facility and a lot of potential to do well. Honestly, I have no idea who would be a good pitching coach on the collegiate level. I doubt many do know.

I do know hiring a legendary Gamecock pitcher isn’t a sure thing. Not sure giving a guy his first coaching gig as our pitching coach would be wise. Especially this coaching staff.

Troy has a nice facility and a lot of potential to do well. Honestly, I have no idea who would be a good pitching coach on the collegiate level. I doubt many do know.

I do know hiring a legendary Gamecock pitcher isn’t a sure thing. Not sure giving a guy his first coaching gig as our pitching coach would be wise. Especially this coaching staff.
I do like his discussion during games on pitching strategy etc. I'm sure Kingston probably has his 2 guys he wants. Needs to work out with positive results beginning immediately.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT