ADVERTISEMENT

West End Zone and the towels were especially impressive

The-Hack

Oct 1, 2016
Not a fan of the techno music, but the fans in the end zone without triple decks were damn sharp on that towel spinning stuff, and coordinated. They seemed to fill in the latest.

Students?

Really impressed with the turnout considering the two defeats. I have no doubt the crowd at Williams Brice assisted with the outcome of the game. It looked electrifying. and I am about to watch the game for the third time.

Last edited:
Reactions: mavcock
The endzone I called “West” had the video board above it. In that section, I think 100 percent were waiving the towels.

Right on. That is the north side of the stadium, it is the student section which extends past the NE ramps to the East Upper levels and includes the East Lower levels closest to the north endzone. Not sure how many sections they have there but it also includes the band and surrounding areas.

The endzones are north and south, the team side lines are east and west.

USC is always on the west side of William's Brice Stadium which provides an iconic shade on the home side of the stadium. During day games, the shadow grows out of the west stands and gradually stretches out across the field while leaving the visiting team without any shade.

I think the shadow becomes more pronounced for the 3:00 games, but I haven't been to a 12:00 game in over 10 years.

Anyway ...

West is the press box side of the stadium. Sat on row 3 at the 50 yard line for about a decade in the west upper.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT