ADVERTISEMENT

What are 'football scouting services'? They are illegal under NCAA . . .

67gamecock

Oct 3, 2000
Lexington, SC
rules and resulted in 2 years probation for the Ducks following Chip Kelly's departure to the NFL.

Just asking. I still think Kelly would be an excellent candidate for HC at Carolina IF there should be an opening.

rules and resulted in 2 years probation for the Ducks following Chip Kelly's departure to the NFL.

Just asking. I still think Kelly would be an excellent candidate for HC at Carolina IF there should be an opening.

They are businesses set up by individuals who sell the idea to kids/parents that they can get the kids noticed by colleges and eventually offered scholarships. I think they charge a fee unless the guy is elite then he does it for "free". Colleges get in contact with him because they think it gives them an inside to the elite guys he represents and someone slips him a little incentive for leading said kid to a certain school. I don't know if Kelly was the one giving incentives or an over zealous booster, but Oregon was the one caught. I think the illegal part is the incentive, showcasing kids to help get scholarships is against the rules. The guy running the service is basically an agent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT