ADVERTISEMENT

What are our odds to recover Kyle Davis (WR)?

To paraphrase Sheldon...I think that we have as much of a chance to recover Davis as the Hubble Telescope does of discovering that in the center of every black hole there's a little man with a flashlight searching for a circuit breaker.

Well with the lack of playmakers, Pharoh most likely leaving, Nunez now starting and McClwain (spelling probobally wrong) on the way and basically a sure chance to play early he would be crazy not to consider us more.

A few Friday's ago, Kyle showed up at my daughter's school for their football game. (Archer either had a bye or was playing on Saturday night.) I went over and shook his hand and mentioned that I was disappointed that he had de-committed from South Carolina. He looked at me puzzled and responded, "I finally came to my senses." The two girls that he was with understood that I was a USC fan and gave him a hit on the arm. I proceeded to tell him that I was a fan of South Carolina and that we need him and would love to have him. He then walked away laughing and cutting up with the two girls. Not exactly a glowing response that he gave. My daughter's school is a feeder for Uga and maybe he thought that I said that I was disappointed that he had ever committed to USC and that I was a dog fan. Not sure, but I didn't like his response. The next week, he was basically shut down when Archer played Grayson. A big reason for this was that Demetrios Mason covered him a lot and had basically guaranteed me that Kyle would not have a big game against him. Keep your eye on this kid. He is a two star receiver that is focusing more on D-back now. He has 4.3 speed and is playing with a chip on his shoulder as he was given a second chance at playing football. (Think The Blind Side) Indiana is his biggest offer, but Michigan has taken notice as well.

https://rivals.yahoo.com/indiana/football/recruiting/player-Dimetrios-Mason-181731

Kyle is going to be a good one for someone. I doubt that he will be in garnet and black though.

Last edited:
A few Friday's ago, Kyle showed up at my daughter's school for their football game. (Archer was either had a bye or was playing on Saturday night.) I went over and shook his hand and mentioned that I was disappointed that he had de-committed from South Carolina. He looked at me puzzled and responded, "I finally came to my senses." The two girls that he was with understood that I was a USC fan and gave him a hit on the arm. I proceeded to tell him that I was a fan of South Carolina and that we need him and would love to have him. He then walked away laughing and cutting up with the two girls. Not exactly a glowing response that he gave. My daughter's school is a feeder for Uga and maybe he thought that I said that I was disappointed that he had ever committed to USC and that I was a dog fan. Not sure, but I didn't like his response. The next week, he was basically shut down when Archer played Grayson. A big reason for this was that Demetrios Mason covered him a lot and had basically guaranteed me that Kyle would not have a big game against him. Keep your eye on this kid. He is a two star receiver that is focusing more on D-back now. He has 4.3 speed and is playing with a chip on his shoulder as he was given a second chance at playing football. (Think The Blind Side) Indiana is his biggest offer, but Michigan has taken notice as well.

https://rivals.yahoo.com/indiana/football/recruiting/player-Dimetrios-Mason-181731

Kyle is going to be a good one for someone. I doubt that he will be in garnet and black though.
CFAFAN23 - Did you attend the Archer/Grayson game? It was a great atmosphere; hard to even get in, no where to even park your car.
IMO, I thought Kyle Davis was good in that game; he just didn't have a QB that could get him the ball. Also, I didn't think Archer did enough to get him the ball (should have run some screens or hitches). He did have that one long kickoff return (maybe 70 yards??). You have to be impressed with the skill position guys at Archer, which I think are better than Grayson's. But Grayson seemed tougher along the lines and on D. And, Archer was slow punting the football, which was a big difference in the game.

You have to figure the state champion will come from either these 2 or Colquitt.

No....I did not get to go to that game as tickets were very difficult to get and my daughter had volleyball anyway. I did hear that it was one of the best football games that some people had ever seen though. (College included.) Several Uga ticket holders confirmed this. I too heard that Archer was unable to get KD the ball enough in that game. Grayson prides itself on a tough D. (Especially across the line.) Coach Conn and I played ball together in HS and he is big on fundamentals. His nephew is Chase Brice. (Grayson's starting QB with offers to Clemson, Mich. St. among others. His grandfather Billy is a former Uga player so I assume that he'll get that offer soon.) Throw in their talent pool and you have the recipe for another great season. Archer pulled a lot of talent from Grayson and that created the natural rivalry that they have today. I've coached in both the Grayson and Archer youth programs. There is a ton of talent in both. This kid Demetrios Mason is a good example. Coach Conn told his legal guardian that he was one of the best athletes that he has ever coached. Being that R. Nkemdiche played for him, that's saying something. These two are now the top programs in the state where it used to be Brookwood and Parkview. (BTW, former Gamecock Phillip Jones is trying to resurrect the Brookwood program as a first year head coach there.) I agree, the state final will be one of these two programs and probably one from south Georgia as you stated.

with our qb talent on campus now in Zo and coming in next year and the fact he'd probably be our go to day 1 (I believe Coop goes pro) he really should smarten up and give us a strong look. He'd have a solid running game and a great qb to get him the ball and start from day one. When's the last time other than AJ Green who would have been a star anywhere that UGA actually developed a decent receiver???

One name Chris Smith, is a play maker....I would like to introduce u to the next Ace Sanders...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT