ADVERTISEMENT

What are some traditions at other schools that you like?

ScWildthing61

Sep 10, 2011
One of my all time favorite traditions that another school does is seeing Miami come out through the smoke especially when they used to play at the old Orange Bowl.

What about for the fans on here, remember Gamecocks not included, and for Clemson fans, Clemson not included.

Reactions: Harvard Gamecock
Even though I'm not really a big fan of FSU (except when they beat CU), I think the Indian on horseback and the flaming spear stab at midfield is pretty cool!
I also think their statue “Unconquered” is badass. On mobile or I’d post a pic

Reactions: 92Pony
Even though I'm not really a big fan of FSU (except when they beat CU), I think the Indian on horseback and the flaming spear stab at midfield is pretty cool!

Hate Half-Ass U., but I gotta agree on the flaming spear. However, if we tried something that aggressive at W-B, a riot would probably break out! :)

I love the eagle flying in at Auburn. It's amazing. You can actually feel the stadium getting louder and louder as the eagle circles. If you get a chance to experience it, you won't regret it.
I was at the 2014 game. I was trying to find a good spot to watch it when.... boom the eagle dropped down RIGHT ABOVE Me and soared across the stadium.

Very cool.

I love riding a bus 1/2 block and then rubbing a rock and running down a hill....best entrance in football.... dang even sounds lame as I type this.....
You gotta admit... if you get pumped up and excited about riding a bus... you got life pretty much figured out.

Maybe I should try that mentality and get excited about paying my taxes.

I love the eagle flying in at Auburn. It's amazing. You can actually feel the stadium getting louder and louder as the eagle circles. If you get a chance to experience it, you won't regret it.
That is a good, First time I saw it, we were actually sitting in Auburn Club level.. it gave me some chills, they beat us pretty badly that game..

Reactions: USCBatgirl21
I think Alabama’s tradition of hanging another banner is pretty cool ;)
15574290_BG1.jpg

One of my all time favorite traditions that another school does is seeing Miami come out through the smoke especially when they used to play at the old Orange Bowl.

What about for the fans on here, remember Gamecocks not included, and for Clemson fans, Clemson not included.

I always thought that was pretty bad ass. Now several schools have tried to copy the same thing. Comes off as lame

Reactions: Churrob
“Calling Baton Rouge “ at a night game at LSU is pretty insane . Gotta admit it’s pretty damn cool . When that fiddle kicks in the place goes ballistic.

Country Roads at West Virginia
What's hilarious...

The country roads in this song are in West Virginia, but Denver had never even been to West Virginia. Bill and Taffy Danoff started writing the song while driving to Maryland - they'd never been to West Virginia either! Danoff got his inspiration from postcards sent to him by a friend who DID live there, and from listening to the powerful AM station WWVA out of Wheeling, West Virginia, which he picked up in Massachusetts when he was growing up.

Bill Danoff told NPR in 2011: "I just thought the idea that I was hearing something so exotic to me from someplace as far away. West Virginia might as well have been in Europe, for all I knew."

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=2409

Although I've never been there the Sailgating at U. Washington looks like it would be worth doing at least once.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT