ADVERTISEMENT

What are the REAL thoughts of Satterfield coming back?

CCUIrmo

Jul 15, 2010
Not whether he should or not, but rather is he? It seems there is way to much vague answers coming out of football office to know for sure. It is almost as if after bowl game he may be gone or moved to different spot. Even listening to some on 107.5 game, i.e. Uva and Clark I believe, they seem to sound as if it is up in the air. I am just wondering what the plans are. Stay? Move to analyst role? step down? hire a co-coordinaotr or move Kimrey to join him or Stepp?

Not whether he should or not, but rather is he? It seems there is way to much vague answers coming out of football office to know for sure. It is almost as if after bowl game he may be gone or moved to different spot. Even listening to some on 107.5 game, i.e. Uva and Clark I believe, they seem to sound as if it is up in the air. I am just wondering what the plans are. Stay? Move to analyst role? step down? hire a co-coordinaotr or move Kimrey to join him or Stepp?
I don't think it's guaranteed that he is coming back. I know the Rattler transfer makes it more likely but the promise of maintaining a pro style offense may have been enough to get him here. I still think Satterfield's personality and background lends itself to being an NFL analyst. We'll see.

Part of the getting Spencer Rattler was that he wanted to be in an offense that had pro style related to it. Beamer did not get this kid to come to USC to be with another type of offense.

We all know this is going to play out in the most Gamecock way possible. We’ll have a better year next season with Rattler then he’ll get an extension with a huge raise and then when Rattler is gone it will be back to typical Satterfield level play and there will be an even bigger buyout to move on.

We all know this is going to play out in the most Gamecock way possible. We’ll have a better year next season with Rattler then he’ll get an extension with a huge raise and then when Rattler is gone it will be back to typical Satterfield level play and there will be an even bigger buyout to move on.

I think no one just wanted to "say" it outloud. Thanks.

• Haha
Reactions: Dizzy01
I don't know what to think anymore. The rumors about hoping Satterfield would have a "soft landing" seems to have gone by the wayside. After all, after his boy Rhule fired Brady, that would've been the perfect time snap up Satterfield, right?

But I don't for one second believe he was the reason we landed Rattler -- despite what his wife incessantly posts here.

Between the horrendous results on the field (here and everywhere else he's been), the bone headed playcalling and game planning, and the almost toxic personality we keep hearing about, it would be a massive failure by Beamer to keep him here.

I have no idea why everyone blames Satterfield for this O this year. Does no one realize the unbelievable lack of depth we had and the awful choices we had at QB. People act like our QB options were decent. Guys, they were abysmal. Coaching was not the issue players is the issue and it is getting corrected.
There were multiple issues with HIS offense that had nothing to do with personnel.

Reactions: Lurker123
Reactions: jackrabbit slim
I have no idea why everyone blames Satterfield for this O this year. Does no one realize the unbelievable lack of depth we had and the awful choices we had at QB. People act like our QB options were decent. Guys, they were abysmal. Coaching was not the issue players is the issue and it is getting corrected.
No! The scheme in blocking, spacing between the center-guard-tackle -te. When we screamed as the the free running DE went by the OT he was in the “zone” he was to be blocking. A TE most likely wasn’t there or the play can’t be changed at the line because the OC won’t allow it. Whatever number is called by the QB for them to block at the line is by design,aka the Offensive Coordinator. The O-line coach teaches the priciples and schemes to block as the OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR WANTS IT TO FUNCTION. When a lineman has to think and not play you have penalties and missed assignments.ALL YEAR LONG. That’s a lack of communication. He can’t teach his offensive concepts. He got fired at Tenn Tech 0-11 his 2nd year because he lost the team. He was smarter than all of them. He’s an analyst. X&O’s for coach’s that’s his niche.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT