ADVERTISEMENT

What Criteria does the NCAA use

Its funny that the schedule is so tight for the regionals and supers and then it seems to take a freakin month once you finally make it to Omaha.
I fully agree.

Why not move the Super Regionals back to accommodate for the lost time in the regionals and make up the lost time in the CWS.

However, I know they will never do this because of the TV schedules etc.

Why does everyone think we won't be able to play on Tuesday? The weather forecast is as follows from the Weather Chanel:

"A few passing clouds, otherwise generally sunny. High 92F. Winds NW at 5-10 mph."

https://weather.com/weather/5day/l/29201:4:US

LSU is scheduled to play on Tuesday if necessary per the NCAA site, so the game does not need to be played tonight.

http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/baseball/d1/2016/regionals/104
Beause bucketdad posted NCAA rules which stated all games must be played by Monday but I guess thats been changed.

Beause bucketdad posted NCAA rules which stated all games must be played by Monday but I guess thats been changed.
In hindsight, not sure why I was thinking the NCAA would follow their own rules. lol

Reactions: chick75
You guys need t calm down we win if we get rained out.

per ncaa
Regional. If inclement weather limits play, every effort has been made to complete competition by Tuesday and competition cannot be completed by Tuesday , the team that will advance to the finals will be based on the following:

0 games played Highest seed

1 games played Highest seed

2 games played Highest undefeated seed

3 games played Highest undefeated seed

4 games played Highest seed

5 games played Highest undefeated seed

6 games played Winner of game 6 unless each team has one loss, therefore the teams are tied, then:

1) Head-to-head competition.

2) Highest remaining seed.

You guys need t calm down we win if we get rained out.

per ncaa
Regional. If inclement weather limits play, every effort has been made to complete competition by Tuesday and competition cannot be completed by Tuesday , the team that will advance to the finals will be based on the following:

0 games played Highest seed

1 games played Highest seed

2 games played Highest undefeated seed

3 games played Highest undefeated seed

4 games played Highest seed

5 games played Highest undefeated seed

6 games played Winner of game 6 unless each team has one loss, therefore the teams are tied, then:

1) Head-to-head competition.

2) Highest remaining seed.
Calm down? Asking what the Criteria is isnt freaking out but thanks for the info

"If Games 1 and 2 are played on Friday, Games 3 and 4 are played on Saturday, Games 5 and 6 are played on Sunday and you experience inclement weather for the if necessary Game 7 on Monday . . . try to get the game in on Monday OR play as early as possible on Tuesday. (2 – 2 – 2 – 0 – 1)"

https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2016DIMBA_PRE_RD_Host_Ops_Manual_20160422.pdf
So basically if we're rained out for today's game (which is highly likely) than we are to play as early as possible on Tuesday. I guess the big question is what then happens if we are rained out early Tuesday (which is also very likely).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT