ADVERTISEMENT

What I like about Elliot and Mangus

Bigandcocky00

Oct 18, 2015
We threw more higher percentage throws,which allowed more yards after the reception,and went with Two backs more!! People can say what they want the Offense was better yesterday,it isn't his fault that Orth missed Adams and Neal in the End Zone,and Williams fumbled,and don't forget about two drops by Belton and Adams that would have been first downs that would have extended drives!! I was for the most part pleased with the Play callin,and the Defense did a lot more gang tackling,just some encouraging things from the game!!

Reactions: bmhood1984
We threw more higher percentage throws,which allowed more yards after the reception,and went with Two backs more!! People can say what they want the Offense was better yesterday,it isn't his fault that Orth missed Adams and Neal in the End Zone,and Williams fumbled,and don't forget about two drops by Belton and Adams that would have been first downs that would have extended drives!! I was for the most part pleased with the Play callin,and the Defense did a lot more gang tackling,just some encouraging things from the game!!

There were actually 4 drops yesterday where the ball was right where it should be. Orth did a good job yesterday. I just wish he would keep the ball a few times on the zone read to keep the D honest. There were numerous times it was wide open. He still only has a few starts under his belt so I'm optimistic about him. He does seem to throw a nice ball. If he settles down a little in the red zone, which comes with experience, then he'll do quite well. I agree the O play calling looked more fluent.

Reactions: caigmaster
There were actually 4 drops yesterday where the ball was right where it should be. Orth did a good job yesterday. I just wish he would keep the ball a few times on the zone read to keep the D honest. There were numerous times it was wide open. He still only has a few starts under his belt so I'm optimistic about him. He does seem to throw a nice ball. If he settles down a little in the red zone, which comes with experience, then he'll do quite well. I agree the O play calling looked more fluent.

Orth gives us the best chance to win. I'd like to see Nunez play a series or two each game, once he returns, but Orth is our guy.

The O did look better but it was Vandy after all!!!!

I am more interested to see what Mangus, Hoke, and Elliott deliver after an off week.
I am not demanding a win Vs a aTm in College Station; but I am looking for preparation, competitiveness, play till the last whistle, play to win, and show something that may not be on our film studies.

Only so much you can do in one week to patch that lousy offense. You could really tell by the busted plays that they haven't got the timing down yet. Coach has a long way to go and I hope he can figure out a way to not bring them along too fast and still make progress. Some of the mistakes by the center(s) really killed some good opportunities. Still need to figure out a way to run with consistency in the red zone. Otherwise, the offense looked much better and the guys were having fun.

Reactions: Bigandcocky00
The O did look better but it was Vandy after all!!!!

I am more interested to see what Mangus, Hoke, and Elliott deliver after an off week.
I am not demanding a win Vs a aTm in College Station; but I am looking for preparation, competitiveness, play till the last whistle, play to win, and show something that may not be on our film studies.

Ask Ole Miss and UGA about that "just VANDY" defense both needed ST and defensive scores to pull away...

There were a few times when Orth should have ran the ball instead of handing off for no gain. At least one other time when an outside run should have been a big gainer but their middle LB was not blocked (not even touched), then there was a bad snap that was a wasted play, and a few drops, I remember one by Cooper and one by Adams. G.A. really called an excellent game. We need to clean up the mistakes and number 78 needs to start ahead of number 75. On defense our line is getting pushed around and our DB's are giving way too much cushion.

Biggest improvement by far was getting the ball snapped without so much dang confusion. I saw one delay of game but generally the ball was snapped with 10 seconds or so on the play clock.

That would drive me crazy with Spurrier being indecisive and waiting till the last second to snap the ball. We always looked confused with just about every snap which I saw improve Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT