ADVERTISEMENT

What if todays win allows chad to keep his job

joplin gamecock1

Nov 27, 2016
Will the win be worth it? Clearly if the yardcocks go on a run,Tanner may scratch his head a lil bit harder,but if they get knocked out of the tourney quikly and no post season the decision should be easy.I hope todays win doesnt secure his job for another year,but who knows?

I doubt it. Only way he scratches his head is if we make a regional. Even then, I think he has to come back to 8 straight series losses. I'm of the opinion that at a bare minimum he needs to make the Supers to be retained. Although personally, I really think he needs to make Omaha before I will start to feel "good" about keeping him another year.

Tanner firing chad would be like admitting he made a poor choice and a wrong decision when you consider every year chad has underachieved and failed to live up to the teams potential.I hope Ray doesnt let pride stand in the way of admitting he was wrong to put Chad in a posistion he was not ready for

Reactions: sadd66
Who does Ray care about more?

The coach or the program?

That's the question.

If he's smart, I think he cares the most about the thing that will help him the most in keeping HIS job. He can kick this can (firing Chad) down the street if he wants to, but it will come back to bite him in the arse if the football team slips and FM can't plug the holes in basketball personnel losses, not to mention another bad season in baseball.

Things could REALLY get tough in the AD if Ray doesn't take corrective action, NOW!

Reactions: joplin gamecock1
Tanner firing chad would be like admitting he made a poor choice and a wrong decision when you consider every year chad has underachieved and failed to live up to the teams potential.I hope Ray doesnt let pride stand in the way of admitting he was wrong to put Chad in a posistion he was not ready for
Personlly, I don't think it was "wrong" to give Chad the head coaching position at the time. I think Tanner really believed his assistant would keep the program going which was already set in place! He didn't WANT Chad to fail! However, after this long I also hope he doesn't stick with it after seeing our established, great program declining! Chad has had his chance and couldn't do the job. IMO Chad should do the honorable thing this week - the sooner the better unless, of course, he pulls the miracle & wins the tournament - and step down and take the pressure off his friend, Ray, who gave him his chance in the first place. If Tanner (who I absolutely LOVE, appreciate, & haven't questioned like some others have) keeps him on, then we DO have problems with whether or not he's strong enough to make the tough decisions that are best for our program. We'll soon see!

A real bad decision would be giving another year and you get the same results and worse with less attendance thus delaying the inevitable.

This.

If he's smart, I think he cares the most about the thing that will help him the most in keeping HIS job. He can kick this can (firing Chad) down the street if he wants to, but it will come back to bite him in the arse if the football team slips and FM can't plug the holes in basketball personnel losses, not to mention another bad season in baseball.

Things could REALLY get tough in the AD if Ray doesn't take corrective action, NOW!

Why you bringing Martin into this?

Reactions: 92Pony
i spoke to Chad before the game yesterday and asked him, he assured me he is Chad Holbrook and said

giphy.gif

Made sense, we should not be concerned about the subject of this thread occuring

Reactions: joplin gamecock1
That's not true if he makes it to the supers ray will say he showed enough to warrant 1 more season. Some of the other assistants will be replaced in the off season.

Are you Ray Tanner? Is that you? Otherwise you haven't a clue as to what is or isn't correct. Supers may save him, may not. If they do make it, it will be player effort and not coaching.

Are you Ray Tanner? Is that you? Otherwise you haven't a clue as to what is or isn't correct. Supers may save him, may not. If they do make it, it will be player effort and not coaching.
Chad will come back even if we miss the tournament more than likely. Beating Mizzou does not put us in the tournament though. We have to keep winning.

So with your brilliant analysis , SC must be in their current condition due to lack of player effort, not coaching

There isn't a decision,, he is the coach and will coach at SC year...He is Tanner's guy and will be given a long rope.... now if SC fails next year, then maybe time to cut bait...
Not if the BOT intervenes.

Considering we were 46-18 last year and made it to the Super Regionals, I'm not sure Chad will be fired unless Tanner thinks he's lost the team or decides he's over his head. IMO, Tanner is a good one to be evaluating a baseball coach.

Reactions: carolinakg
The BOT isn't going overrule a Hall of fame coach who gave SC 2 N.C. and is the head of the athletic dept
I wouldn't be too sure about that. They have been getting an inordinate amount of pressure to make a change.

Reactions: rogue cock
I wouldn't be too sure about that. They have been getting an inordinate amount of pressure to make a change.

We'll just have to agree to disagree... If they overrule Tanner with Tanner's guy and if I'm Tanner, I leave with Holbrook....but that wont happen

Reactions: atl-cock
Lack of attendance speaks very loudly.Even if Holbrook stays,i would tend to think attendance stays down untill they stayt winning again

Considering we were 46-18 last year and made it to the Super Regionals, I'm not sure Chad will be fired unless Tanner thinks he's lost the team or decides he's over his head. IMO, Tanner is a good one to be evaluating a baseball coach.
It doesn't appear to me that Chad has lost the team. Maybe he is in over his head, which is really what this thread is all about.

Will the win be worth it? Clearly if the yardcocks go on a run,Tanner may scratch his head a lil bit harder,but if they get knocked out of the tourney quikly and no post season the decision should be easy.I hope todays win doesnt secure his job for another year,but who knows?
Should not!!

1. This is a program that should be defined by Omaha trips not slipping into a regional. If Muschamp were handed the keys to a SEC Champ or National Champ x2 and in a few short years was slipping into Birmingham Bowl would he be in trouble.

2. We have not beaten a good team

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
Lack of attendance speaks very loudly.Even if Holbrook stays,i would tend to think attendance stays down untill they stayt winning again

The baseball attendance being off is waaay down the list of concerns with the financial aspect of the athletic dept.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT