ADVERTISEMENT

What is the plan, Ray?

ansoncock

Gold Member
Mar 14, 2001
I am too old to get all worked up over the state of USC's football program. However, were we playing Clemson tonight, does anyone doubt the score would have been different that the 17-52 ballpark? When we play Clemson next year, does anyone think the score will be much different than around 17-52? And the following year?

Maybe to some, just going to the game, tailgating, renewing acquaintances, etc., makes it all worthwhile; if so, great! However, at present we are striving for mediocrity, and we're not quite there yet. We are spending lots of money to be pursuing the goal of mediocrity. We do have some great players, though, and I feel badly for them.

I don't plan to watch the game live when we play another top tier team on the road. We cannot compete player-wise, nor in the coaching department.

So, Ray, where do we go from here? What is the plan?

The plan is stability. Winning now is not important. Winning soon is not important. Winning eventually is possible. But he wants to play the long game. The plan is to stay with the coach till his retirement, the coach leaves, or we have one more winning season, when this will be declared a success. That's the only plan.

Why he chose this coach, with no record of such, to do that, defies logic. It suggests strong outside influence. (Agent, league, coaches) But, I seriously believe he also thinks Muschamp has tolerance for loses like we do. Both parties have certainly shown they will accept failure. For a long period. Part of the "long game."

Stability. Just believe. Be patient. Ignore the trends. Ignore the evidence. Ignore the recruiting. Ignore the history.

Accept the plan.

Reactions: doliver08
Ray’s plan is to continue to draw that big check from the UofSC........

I am too old to get all worked up over the state of USC's football program. However, were we playing Clemson tonight, does anyone doubt the score would have been different that the 17-52 ballpark? When we play Clemson next year, does anyone think the score will be much different than around 17-52? And the following year?

Maybe to some, just going to the game, tailgating, renewing acquaintances, etc., makes it all worthwhile; if so, great! However, at present we are striving for mediocrity, and we're not quite there yet. We are spending lots of money to be pursuing the goal of mediocrity. We do have some great players, though, and I feel badly for them.

I don't plan to watch the game live when we play another top tier team on the road. We cannot compete player-wise, nor in the coaching department.

So, Ray, where do we go from here? What is the plan?

You are being kind. Consider a 12 game schedule

Distinction =90% (10-11 wins). Raise the glasses.
Passing =70% (between 8-9 wins). Don't raise the glasses too high.
Failing <70%. (less than 8 wins but more than 6). Warm HC Seat. Three years in a row in this range, make a change.
Mediocrity <50% (less than 6 wins). Hot HC Seat / Need a Change
Beyond mediocre <40% (less than 5 wins). Change.
Beyond Repair <30% (less than 4 wins). Send all the incumbents home.

CRT and CWM are in this for the bucks. If we truly want to win, make a change. If we are okay with this as the standard, you can accomplish this for a heck of a lot cheaper, so make a change as soon as it is economically feasible.

Mediocrity should not cost this much!

Ray's next plan is to dome and A/C Williams Brice. At least we can be comfy getting beat 52-24.

CRT and CWM are in this for the bucks. If we truly want to win, make a change. If we are okay with this as the standard, you can accomplish this for a heck of a lot cheaper, so make a change as soon as it is economically feasible.

Mediocrity should not cost this much!
I don't know that what we are seeing is due to the desire for money over success as much as it is that they believe that this is about as good as it gets with the occasional 9 win season - maybe twice a decade.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT