ADVERTISEMENT

What is up with this annual Tarhole pounding in baseball?

sclawman77

Jun 27, 2011
You would think our program has more pride than this. I give credit to all our fans that still show for that game. Ray, the entire idea behind having a border war game is to actually keep it competitive-not get embarrassed year after year. Otherwise stop scheduling it.

Reactions: danh011
You would think our program has more pride than this. I give credit to all our fans that still show for that game. Ray, the entire idea behind having a border war game is to actually keep it competitive-not get embarrassed year after year. Otherwise stop scheduling it.

Still digging out of the hole from the past few years of poor baseball.

Still digging out of the hole from the past few years of poor baseball.
May take a while
giphy.gif

I’m afraid it’s gonna take Kingston a few years to dig our once proud baseball program out of the Holbrook s***hole. If he can just get a few superstars (that play like it) on the level of JBJ, Smoak, Walker, etc. it would turn around a lot faster. Players like that usually raise the level of play of “average” players.

I’m afraid it’s gonna take Kingston a few years to dig our once proud baseball program out of the Holbrook s***hole. If he can just get a few superstars (that play like it) on the level of JBJ, Smoak, Walker, etc. it would turn around a lot faster. Players like that usually raise the level of play of “average” players.

Give underachieving coach more time. That always works best
-brad Scott

Give underachieving coach more time. That always works best
-brad Scott
I remember Brad used to always use the "18-22 year old youngster" excuse when we played bad. Than there was Sparky: "Didn't execute".

UNC didn't blow us off the map this year. It was a close game until a couple pitchers forgot how to throw strikes. Couple that with having 4 of our top 6 hitters out with injuries, and we should be struggling.

I look for Coach Kingston to have this team playing at a much higher level by the end of the season. For the first time since Coach Tanner was here, we have a coaching staff with a clue.

Reactions: rogue cock
4 consecutive walks & a wild pitch

Momentum gone, we can’t gift runs and ruin a good outing from our starting pitching.
I know we have some batters out with injuries but These last few years I’m amazed how many players we have in our lineup closer to (& even below) a .200 average (Mendoza Line for the baseball peeps).

Reactions: cockofdawn
I am concerned we get swept this weekend and next. Kentucky is no t as good as they were expected to be, so maybe we can win a game against them. We don't play well in Lexington though. (In any sport)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT