ADVERTISEMENT

All I want is a chance.

Judson1

Jul 31, 2008
I want to feel like my team has a chance in a conference game.
About 10 years ago and for far too short a period I felt like our players and coaches actually wanted to play football.
But for all the rest of my watching days it just appears like USC is impersonating a football program. That they don’t care one bit about being successful.
Always falling behind early. If they do score it appears they are hellbent on giving it right back. In the race of first year head coaches in the league we are gonna duel it out with Vandy for worst. Yes I fully expect next week will be a 4th quarter game. Because we refuse to come out sharp. Did our coaches reference how we steadied the ship and closed the gap on UT? It wouldn’t surprise me. Because that’s just how we run things.
I have never in my life seen a team so many times play periods of games where the opponent appears to be some higher level of football. I mean it looks ridiculous! These are conference games against average teams! But they look like the NFL way too often.
UK is solid. Ole Miss, Arky are respectable. Auburn will at least compete. Miss St isn’t a bad team.
UT is way out ahead of us obviously. Now everyone of those teams mentioned aren’t in some recruiting hotbed. They are similar in state size and resources. But they are putting a decent product on the field.
There is absolutely NO excuse why USC cannot put a competitive team on the field. None!
They want fans in the stands. Give us a team that at least has a chance and attendance improves. But we aren’t there.
Sorry I’m just so frustrated and refuse to accept this state university’s best is to give up 3-4 unanswered touchdowns to way too many conference schools. I expect better.

About 10 years ago and for far too short a period I felt like our players and coaches actually wanted to play football.
But for all the rest of my watching days it just appears like USC is impersonating a football program. That they don’t care one bit about being successful.
Always falling behind early. If they do score it appears they are hellbent on giving it right back. In the race of first year head coaches in the league we are gonna duel it out with Vandy for worst. Yes I fully expect next week will be a 4th quarter game. Because we refuse to come out sharp. Did our coaches reference how we steadied the ship and closed the gap on UT? It wouldn’t surprise me. Because that’s just how we run things.
I have never in my life seen a team so many times play periods of games where the opponent appears to be some higher level of football. I mean it looks ridiculous! These are conference games against average teams! But they look like the NFL way too often.
UK is solid. Ole Miss, Arky are respectable. Auburn will at least compete. Miss St isn’t a bad team.
UT is way out ahead of us obviously. Now everyone of those teams mentioned aren’t in some recruiting hotbed. They are similar in state size and resources. But they are putting a decent product on the field.
There is absolutely NO excuse why USC cannot put a competitive team on the field. None!
They want fans in the stands. Give us a team that at least has a chance and attendance improves. But we aren’t there.
Sorry I’m just so frustrated and refuse to accept this state university’s best is to give up 3-4 unanswered touchdowns to way too many conference schools. I expect better.
You’re misdirecting your frustration. Starts with BOT > Tanner/AD > Beamer.

Reactions: Judson1 and cadcock
Unfortunately, our “leaders” are reactive, not proactive. I wasn’t expecting anything remarkable today. When you mention coaches like, Lane Kiffin, Hugh Freeze, or Mike Leach. Their are individuals on this board who say, “we would never hire them.” My question is why? The answer I’ve come to figure out over the years is: we think certain people are beneath us. Which is absolutely absurd. Is the Mississippi schools will hire them and no one cares about it, why would we care? This goes back to BOT and until that changes nothing will. Someone has to stand up to the way the University is run but it won’t succeed until the majority realizes this.

Reactions: usccocksfan
We let a previous Governor who’s a Clemson fan run our BOT because of state law. Can anyone find another example of this at another flagship University? I can guarantee you The University of Alabama would never allow a fan of Auburn University run their BOT.

Unfortunately, our “leaders” are reactive, not proactive. I wasn’t expecting anything remarkable today. When you mention coaches like, Lane Kiffin, Hugh Freeze, or Mike Leach. Their are individuals on this board who say, “we would never hire them.” My question is why? The answer I’ve come to figure out over the years is: we think certain people are beneath us. Which is absolutely absurd. Is the Mississippi schools will hire them and no one cares about it, why would we care? This goes back to BOT and until that changes nothing will. Someone has to stand up to the way the University is run but it won’t succeed until the majority realizes this.

We need a few people to step up to lead the charge. I’d be willing to help.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT