ADVERTISEMENT

What is your “Common Courtesy” pet peeve??

BobbyBReloaded1975

Oct 26, 2019
My wife laughs about this but nothing burns me up worse than waving another driver Or pedestrian thru an intersection or letting them cut into traffic and not getting a “Wave” back . Don’t know why but it makes me completely psychotic. I swear I’ve come very close to T-Boning another car just for not waving back . The list of atrocities at the boat ramp should have its own thread . My personal favorite is waiting to load your gear : coolers , rods , food , etc etc at the ramp when there’s a line waiting to put in . This should be interesting .

I live in a town full of people who drive the wrong direction through parking lots, park in the fire lane or HC spaces and can't read the words "IN" or "OUT" on doors. Rules don't apply to them. And they all expect others to accommodate their incredibly inconsiderate a$$es.

edit: I forgot, they also spend 10 minutes at the ATM at the busiest time. Before COVID.

Last edited:
Holding the door for someone and not getting a thank you.
Driving through parking spaces in a parking lot..ive seen people drive all the way across the lot at Walmart cutting through parking spots the entire way. Parking spots are for parking and driving lanes are for driving. And don't pull through parking spots either! Back out of your spot. Only pull out if you backed in.

My wife laughs about this but nothing burns me up worse than waving another driver Or pedestrian thru an intersection or letting them cut into traffic and not getting a “Wave” back . Don’t know why but it makes me completely psychotic. I swear I’ve come very close to T-Boning another car just for not waving back . The list of atrocities at the boat ramp should have its own thread . My personal favorite is waiting to load your gear : coolers , rods , food , etc etc at the ramp when there’s a line waiting to put in . This should be interesting .

The above ticks off a lot of people. I always make sure I "wave a thank you" at least twice.

When you’re making a left turn (using your signal) and the driver approaching speeds up just to slam on breaks to turn right and flips there signal on as they’re turning. Just so they can beat you to the turn and drive 35 in a 45.
No turn signal! I would like to believe some just don't know it's equipment on the car that should be used, but with today's all about me society I know it's just "I don't care"!

Reactions: Dizzy01
I’m just like you, I can’t stand waving someone in and not getting the courtesy wave. What’s just as bad is when someone walks across the street in front of your car and doesn’t even look at you to see if you are going to stop. Much less a courtesy wave. And of course they walk as slow as possible.

People who just walk out of stores and into the streets without looking. Right of way is in proper walking lanes not in front of every store ever opened.

Reactions: FORKCOCK
Guys I can’t make this up . Last year I was driving down old Hwy 98 which is right on the beach in my town . This old lady and her husband literally dart in front of me on their bikes at a crosswalk . So I slam on brakes and waved them thru ... old lady stops in the middle of 98 and says “Bikers have right of way asshole!!” Can’t make this up ... she starts to cross and she hits a speed bump and flips head first over the handlebars and goes down like a ton of bricks . Not a doctor but if she didn’t break her shoulder it’s a miracle . Well I was gonna stop and check on her but I realized “Karma’s a b$@@h”. And drove around her and went on my way .

I’m just like you, I can’t stand waving someone in and not getting the courtesy wave. What’s just as bad is when someone walks across the street in front of your car and doesn’t even look at you to see if you are going to stop. Much less a courtesy wave. And of course they walk as slow as possible.

Yeah my wife who grew up in South Boston thinks I’m insane for freaking out about this kinda stuff . Guess it’s a southern thing . Lol

Reactions: KA Martin
2 pet peeves for me-

1- people not speeding up in the merge lane. The merge lane!!

2- people smoking outside of the cancer treatment center or any entrance for that matter (I don’t care if people choose to smoke)

Reactions: importcock
I've complained about this on here before, but I hate being in line behind someone at a store and they get their change and have to arrange it just so in their wallet or purse. Sure, count you change if you want, but don't hold up the line for 30 seconds while you arrange your cash.

Another thing is people that want to carefully shop for lottery tickets with a line behind them. Just tell the clerk to give you five #17 tickets and get going.

Reactions: JBM123 and FORKCOCK
People who think you owe them your time.

People who don't take a hint that they are extremely boring.

People who talk all day about history from the past 300 years but have no interest in world history.

Basically, people who can't see things from another perspective.

Reactions: ClowneyPosse
Ok this might sound petty but here are some musician pet peeves

1. Don’t request a song (especially something cringey) and not tip . Even a jukebox gets a little something . If it’s something especially cringey it will be “Market Price”
2. Thanks for offering to buy the band a round beers but rather than spending $25 dollars on beers marked up 70% just put the same in the tip jar or here’s a thought ... buy a Cd or digital download , it’s much more appreciated. Plus “Some folks” get to many of those drink.. especially drummers ... don’t buy the drummer drinks !!!
3. I LOVE it when other musicians wanna talk gear and guitars during set breaks but NEVER EVER EVER ask the band ..”Hey I play a little , can I get up and play a song or two ??” If your a pilot or doctor I’m not going to you place of business and ask to fly the plane or do a triple by-pass . I’ve literally had a guy cuss me out because I would let’s their 9 year old who took 2 drum lessons play a set .
4. Yes bro , your girlfriend is super hot but ....she can’t get up on stage with 15 of her wasted friends . If she spills a drink on our $1000 bass rig I guess your gonna pay for it right ?!!!
5. If you yell Freebird your an asshole . Half of the idiots that scream Freebird don’t even know who wrote it . Shut up and have another white claw .

sorry I got a little carried away !! Apologies. Haha . Rant over

Ok this might sound petty but here are some musician pet peeves

1. Don’t request a song (especially something cringey) and not tip . Even a jukebox gets a little something . If it’s something especially cringey it will be “Market Price”
2. Thanks for offering to buy the band a round beers but rather than spending $25 dollars on beers marked up 70% just put the same in the tip jar or here’s a thought ... buy a Cd or digital download , it’s much more appreciated. Plus “Some folks” get to many of those drink.. especially drummers ... don’t buy the drummer drinks !!!
3. I LOVE it when other musicians wanna talk gear and guitars during set breaks but NEVER EVER EVER ask the band ..”Hey I play a little , can I get up and play a song or two ??” If your a pilot or doctor I’m not going to you place of business and ask to fly the plane or do a triple by-pass . I’ve literally had a guy cuss me out because I would let’s their 9 year old who took 2 drum lessons play a set .
4. Yes bro , your girlfriend is super hot but ....she can’t get up on stage with 15 of her wasted friends . If she spills a drink on our $1000 bass rig I guess your gonna pay for it right ?!!!
5. If you yell Freebird your an asshole . Half of the idiots that scream Freebird don’t even know who wrote it . Shut up and have another white claw .

sorry I got a little carried away !! Apologies. Haha . Rant over
Mad props! Loved the rant!

I live in a town full of people who drive the wrong direction through parking lots, park in the fire lane or HC spaces and can't read the words "IN" or "OUT" on doors. Rules don't apply to them. And they all expect others to accommodate their incredibly inconsiderate a$$es.

edit: I forgot, they also spend 10 minutes at the ATM at the busiest time. Before COVID.
Off topic, but the atm line reminded me of something I’d like to share. I pulled up to one a few weeks ago, which is in the parking lot of a few stores and restaurant. As I’m waiting for the car in front of me to finish, I see this guy in what looks like a security guard uniform standing to my right, between the car at the atm and my truck.

The car finishes and drives off. Before I can pull up to the machine, the security guard looking guy puts up his hand and walks in front of my truck to the atm. I figured he was going to check the machine or do some maintenance on it or something. No, he proceeds to pull his card out of his wallet and make a withdrawal from the machine.

He then walks over to his car which is parked in the parking lot, gets in, and drives off! I’m thinking to myself, wtsdh, fella?! You couldn’t just drive up to the thing like everyone else?!

Please fathers, teach your daughters the common courtesy of waving back “sorry” if she does something stupid. She needs to acknowledge to the other driver that she did something wrong.

speaking of the wave back. Pulled into Sonic to go through the drive through. Had about 4-5 cars in front of me. Guy is sitting in one of the drive in booths and puts his truck in reverse. So I back up to let him out. He proceeds to back out and then does the unimaginable in my mind. He gets in the drive thru line in front of me and doesn’t wave or acknowledge me at all. I went through the roof lol. He gets out the car and I yell that he could at least wave to acknowledge such a bold move. He ended up paying for my food which was satisfying yet still felt slightly embarrassed by the way I started yelling. In my defense I was hungry.

2 pet peeves for me-

1- people not speeding up in the merge lane. The merge lane!!

2- people smoking outside of the cancer treatment center or any entrance for that matter (I don’t care if people choose to smoke)
Not so much anymore but it used to kill me to be in a store in a long line of people and have someone wait to write a check until after the cashier had scanned every item and given them a total. Why couldn’t they at least fill out everything but the total?

People that stay a full car length or more behind the car in front of them at the drive thru.
Same thing applies (pre social distancing) to the folks standing in line at fast food restaurants. More specifically, the folks who stand in such a way that you cant tell which line they are in or even if they are in a line at all. Nobody knows who goes next - it's total chaos.

speaking of the wave back. Pulled into Sonic to go through the drive through. Had about 4-5 cars in front of me. Guy is sitting in one of the drive in booths and puts his truck in reverse. So I back up to let him out. He proceeds to back out and then does the unimaginable in my mind. He gets in the drive thru line in front of me and doesn’t wave or acknowledge me at all. I went through the roof lol. He gets out the car and I yell that he could at least wave to acknowledge such a bold move. He ended up paying for my food which was satisfying yet still felt slightly embarrassed by the way I started yelling. In my defense I was hungry.

Oh yeah i would have lost my s$&t !! That’s a seriously ballsy move . Hey at least you got some free tater tots out of it

Glad to hear many others say this. I roll down windows, get my wife to wave, anything to let someone know I appreciate their courtesy.

Slow left lane drivers make me mad crazy.

Line breakers at the self checkout aisle are soon going to be at the top of my list.

Not returning shopping carts, not being polite to waiters and waitresses, talking on a cell phone at a loud volume..

Society, in general, is not courteous.
Oh my good googly-moogly! Talking on a cellphone via speaker!!!!!! (My wife does this, and you can hear the convo for miles)

Reactions: TheReelEss
I try my best to follow the rules.

At Harris Teeter near our house, there are about 15 parking spots and each spot has a sign that says "For Golf Carts or Hybrid Vehicles Only".

I drive a Ford Taurus. There are many times that I'd love to take one of those spots but I'd be breaking the rules.

That said, I watch the men & women that think they're entitled to better parking use these spots all day long for their Mercedes, BMW's, Jags, etc. Also men driving Ford F150's.

Reactions: 92Pony
When I shop somewhere and the employees act like they are mad that my spending money there is making them do more work. They don’t seem to see a connection between my money and their paycheck. Interesting how Amazon has removed this issue from the transaction. Another is how you can watch the employees who bring the shopping carts back in destroy them in the process. Every wheel is either bent or has a flat spot. Then the store has to pay someone to refurbish the carts. The Amazon carts work better. Another huge one is that the lead car at a red light is always texting when the light turns green. You have to be ready to honk or they and everyone behind them will miss the green light.

Reactions: 92Pony
People not paying attention at a stop light when it turns green. They end up with 6 car lengths between them and the person in front of them, realize it and gun it so they get through and leave me at the red light behind them.

Also, people in shopping center parking lots who walk up the center of the parking lot so you can't get through with your car. Move to the side, and don't be an a$$#013!!

Hangry. Yeah, we decided to go through the CFA drive thru yeasterday. I hate waiting in line. Always have. It's a two-lane deal so they don't have cars lined up in the street, which they do anyway at peak periods. We get behind a woman in our lane who leaves two car lengths space in front of her. Then she orders the entire menu and lets two people from lane two squeeze in before her because of the space. I wanted to get out and push her truck forward. Then a redneck kid in a ratty 4WD tries to do the same to me. NOPE! That's why I took the inside lane. I already fell several spots behind.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT