ADVERTISEMENT

What sport amazes you ?

Professional marathoners. I ran a few marathons back in the day and still like distance running, but holy cow, their marathon pace is faster than my best 5k pace.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
it's not a sport i follow at all, but whenever i used to watch the olympics, i was always amazed at the male gymnasts. their upper body muscles are stinking ridiculous.

Maybe not so much amazing, but I'm always mesmerized by Australian Rules Football. Whenever I see it on I always wind up watching the entire thing. Those guys are pretty tough, playing without padding. and have to be be in good shape to run around like that.

Reactions: Dizzy01
Pretty much All professional athletes amaze me. Had a friend who was a college all American in soccer and very briefly played pro.

He told me once, “Think about this, my senior year I was one of the 20 best college players in America!! I made a pro roster and I was clearly the worst guy on the team. I got released and not picked up.....I was basically the lousiest pro soccer player in America, me an All American.”
The talent and work pros put in is incredible

Reactions: Bad seed
Racquetball. The quickness and reaction time amazes me. I always liked the sport and took a class at USC one summer. Our instructor, who had to be in his 40's, 5' 7" at most, and slightly built, was unbelievable. That entire class none of us were ever able to return one of his serves or get more than a point or two off of him. His quickness, anticipation, and speed/accuracy with the ball was frustrating, but beautiful.

Racquetball. The quickness and reaction time amazes me. I always liked the sport and took a class at USC one summer. Our instructor, who had to be in his 40's, 5' 7" at most, and slightly built, was unbelievable. That entire class none of us were ever able to return one of his serves or get more than a point or two off of him. His quickness, anticipation, and speed/accuracy with the ball was frustrating, but beautiful.

I also took a racquetball class in college. There was an old guy, Ezra, who audited the class every semester. He was well into his 60s. My brother had also taken the class a few years prior and told me about Ezra. Sure enough, he was there when I took the class. He absolutely dominated. The class was basically a semester-long tournament. Ezra won every single time. He was obviously not going to out-quick any of us teenagers and he didn't hit the ball particularly hard, but his ball placement was frustratingly perfect. The balls weren't hard hit...just absolutely impossible to return.

Golf
Played off and on my whole life and still feel like I suck. How the pros can walk out on a course a stuff it a couple feet from the pin from 200 yds out is beyond me.

Esports

It has "sports in the name", does it count? :)

it amazes me for some different reasons then what has been stated

Esports was my sarcastic answer

My real answer is Sepak Takraw, which is basically, think of volleyball with your feet and occasionally your head, a soccer volleyball combo if you will, its played in Asia

AntiqueDistortedEastrussiancoursinghounds-size_restricted.gif

x65v28K.gif

There are a lot of sports that are amazing, but none I’d be afraid to try that I can think of, even PBR (if I were actually in shape) but there is one I don’t think I could try if my kids lives depended on it….these folks get all my respect.

And the old Lake Placid structure, which is very impressive and intimidating, and much worse than the jumps that start on the actual mountain for some reason.

Golf
Played off and on my whole life and still feel like I suck. How the pros can walk out on a course a stuff it a couple feet from the pin from 200 yds out is beyond me.
It can be a cruel game. Smalls had 3 sure birdie puts stop about 1 inch from dropping yesterday on the front at Forest Lake. And his birdie put on 18 lipped out.
One of the guys he's playing with holed out from the fairway on 7.

Reactions: OldBluJacketJr
It can be a cruel game. Smalls had 3 sure birdie puts stop about 1 inch from dropping yesterday on the front at Forest Lake. And his birdie put on 18 lipped out.
One of the guys he's playing with holed out from the fairway on 7.
Imagine having birdie puts! 😞

• Haha
Reactions: 92Pony
UFC for me
This is true… I am always amazed anyone is willing to take that kind of a beating for money! I stopped by the new D’s Wings in Weco the other day and they had UFC on. Both dudes in the fight looked like they had lost in the end! Eyes swole shut, bleeding all over, could barely stand up straight… Shockingly violent! But you can’t look away…

Last edited:
Yeah. I played some. At the top of my game, I played in a good tournament and the first round guy skunked me like 15-1, 15-2. I thought he would win for sure. Serves almost unhittable. I stuck around for his next game, he lost like 15-8, 15-6 to an even better player. Then watched the next game and he lost to someone even better. I didn't stay for the finals, but checked later and the winner was someone I hadn't seen.

Reactions: Bad seed
Canadian football amazes me. With all the movements pre-snap towards the line of scrimmage. How do you defend that? I think Malzahn would make a great Canadian coach

This is true… I am always amazed anyone is willing to take that kind of a beating for money! I stopped by the bew D’s Wings in Weco the other day and they had UFC on. Both dudes in the fight looked like they had lost in the end! Eyes swole shut, bleeding all over, could barely stand up straight… Shockingly violent! But you can’t look away…
Just think about the guys not on the UFC level. When you consider only about 1/3 of UFC fighters break 100k and 1/3 make under 45k it’s really a head scratcher.

It’s not just the fight that’s the real problem it’s the training and all of the costs associated with that. If you make 45k fighting in rhe UFC how much of that are you really keeping? Who wants a broken orbital bone for 1200 bucks?

It’s even worse for them while they are trying to get to the UFC. The $300 bucks some get for the small shows probably means they just paid money to get punched on the face.

Reactions: Gamecock Lifer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT