ADVERTISEMENT

What would your dream sports job be?

GivEmDaSpurs

Gold Member
Sep 23, 2019
If you could play any sport on a professional level and it be your career, what would you be?

For me- I would want to be a Formula 1 driver. To race cars and travel the world would be awesome!! Not to mention that some drivers earn well over 20 million.

Reactions: SCexpat38
I had it right out of college. Announcing little league games at a small radio station in SC. You have not lived until you try to talk people through a bases loaded, 3 error ground ball that scores four runs, and of course, keep the book at the same time!

Backup NFL QB. Most popular guy on the team, huge money to carry a clipboard and minimal risk for CTE.

Pro Singles Tennis Player -- travel the world, win or lose based on my own performance, play the game I love.

I majored in Physics at USC, but I thought about changing my major a few times to reflect my dream job. I wanted to be a newspaper beat writer for the Gamecocks. The problem was, I went to all of the football games, home and away. I couldn't imagine covering a 2A high school soccer game or something like that while the Gamecocks were playing UGA. Plus, they say you can't cheer in the pressbox.

This guy's job:

4233429907_f816243d2d_b.jpg

A PGA golfer playing the Masters.

My family is friends with Wesley Bryan ( he played golf for the Cocks). It was awesome to walk around and follow him on Friday two years ago when he played in it. My BIL and I were walking around with his family on that day, he walks down the fairway after laying up on #2, spots my BIL and I and comes over and starts having a conversation with us. LOL, I'm thinking to myself... dude shouldn't you be focusing right now on your third... nope he was enjoying every minute of that stroll around those hollowed grounds. (He's one of the good guys on tour that's for sure)

I'm like you though, I'd definitely want to be playing on Tour and playing in the Masters!

I had it right out of college. Announcing little league games at a small radio station in SC. You have not lived until you try to talk people through a bases loaded, 3 error ground ball that scores four runs, and of course, keep the book at the same time!
Haha. The kid tells everyone the rest of his life he hit a walk-off homer.

Growing up watching WGN, I became a Cubs fan because of Ryno and the Hawk. I've always loved Harry Caray. I also enjoy coaching. But in this instance, I will go with color commentary guy for the Cubbies.

On all things we disagree on, this is one that we can agree on! I grew up watching WGN as well, named my first dog Ryno. Cried like a baby when Steve Bartman screwed up Alou... then cried like a baby again when we won the WS a few years back... Give me the Cubbies with the seventh inning stretch.... (Let's get some more runs!!! and after the win "Go Cubs, Go")

Saltwater Islamorada & Key West Fishing Guide

Love me some Islamorada! One of my best vacations ever was to there. We went fishing with a guide and he was spot on! Also, para-surfing, went to the aquatic center, dock fishing everyday, paddle boarding, fine(ish) dining, and the best key lime pie. Awesome time with the family!

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
For me- I would want to be a Formula 1 driver. To race cars and travel the world would be awesome!! Not to mention that some drivers earn well over 20 million.
If you haven't already, you should check out "Formula 1: Drive to Survive" on Netflix. Pretty interesting look at the behind the scenes of F1. Those cars are amazing.

Been there. And experienced the wrath of parents for a variety of reasons

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT