ADVERTISEMENT

What's Everyone Reading?

I have the following books on my list to start soon just sitting on my desk: Black Wave by Kim Ghattas, Oil Kings by Andrew S. Cooper, and Moby Dick (don't read fiction that often, but I have always wanted to read this one). I have read several books over the last couple of months, most recently finishing the novel "The Spy Who Came In From the Cold" by John Le Carre. It was excellent if you have time to read fiction.

I would like to read "1776" and "John Adams" by David McCullough this summer, but I don't know if I will get around to them.
Just re-read Moby Dick. First read it years ago and now I see why English teachers love it. Second time around you see why many consider it the great American novel. Truly unique, but you have to have patience to get through it.

Reactions: Fearless Gamecock
Just caught up on the Jack Reacher novel series and am now onto the latest Gray Man novel by Mark Greaney. My daughter and I are reading Stephen King's The Dark Tower series together... currently about halfway through Wolves of the Calla (started reading to her as an infant and have done it almost every night since then; she's 14 now and I'll do it as long as she still wants to). I've also started re-reading the Federalist Papers; they always seem to be a good reminder of what this country was intended to from those who fought for its creation... useful in times like these.
Good times with the daughter. My daughter reads voraciously. She's 15 and still wants me to tuck her in. I do it because I know it won't last forever. The other night she said "Thanks for being a great dad." I told her that's what I was born to be.

Reactions: pisgah
Raylan by Elmore Leonard (based on Raylan from the the show Justified)
Elmore Leonard's may have been the easiest novels I've ever read. He didn't get fancy and he wrote like your average person thinks. And none of his novels are very long. It didn't take long to read everything the local library had by him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT