ADVERTISEMENT

When Do We Get Rid of Franks' BOY ????

You left out #9 Ole Miss. This is a very tough schedule. With UK also on the road, we won't be favored in any home SEC games this season. That will be a first.

He did- but I mentioned them. I agree.

yes, it's a very tough schedule with Bama, Ole Miss who is loaded, LSU, etc.. Phil Kornblut called it brutal a few weeks ago on his show.

Reactions: PaleoCock
Talking to you is like talking to someone whose brain is fried on drugs. Maybe that is it.

1) I never said wins and losses are irrelevant.

2) I didn't say anything about never replacing a coach. I don't have any reason to replace our current coach for the sake of replacing him. I want to give him a fair chance and that's what he's going to get no matter how much you whine and cry about it. I'm in agreement with that decision.

You're projecting big right now.

You're frustrated because I'm pointing out how dumb your argument is right now. You're not really excited when you know we're projected to lose more games than we're projected to win.

We're so bad at football right now that you can't even root for us to win games. You're rooting for a coach to have back to back losing season and keep his job. Such a weird thing to root for.

You're quite the sad troll.

Last edited:

You're frustrated because I'm pointing out how dumb your argument is right now. You're not really excited when you know we're projected to lose more games than we're projected to win.

We're so bad at football right now that you can't even root for us to win games. You're rooting for a coach to have back to back losing season and keep his job. Such a weird thing to root for.

OK Kettle. Checks notes. Beamer two wins from all-time high at USC after 3 seasons.

Most of us are rooted in reality and are willing to let the process play out because that is what is going to happen regardless of how many anti-Beamer posts you create between now and when he departs.

But you keep fighting reality, Watson. We're here for you.

Point #1: your brain is dead/fried.

I'm excited for the football season - as I always am- and as I said in post #275

I'm clearly not rooting against Coach Beamer. I support him and I've said so and I've defended him in this very thread against idiots like you.

You are lying about what people like me posted (which everyone can see) because you've lost the narrative.

When this is what you're resorting to to try to defend the coach it should be obvious it's time for a change at the HC position.

There are plenty of better coaches that would take the job.
I am not defending anybody, I am asking a serious question that you answered with vague generalities at best. Who are these plenty of coaches you speak of?? A non-fictional name would be a great answer, yours reeks of nothingness and fairy tales. I don't personally give a rats ass about Beamer there sport. Facts matter and BS walks. Whatcha got hero?

OK Kettle. Checks notes. Beamer two wins from all-time high at USC after 3 seasons.

Most of us are rooted in reality and are willing to let the process play out because that is what is going to happen regardless of how many anti-Beamer posts you create between now and when he departs.

But you keep fighting reality, Watson. We're here for you.

Point #1: your brain is dead/fried.

I'm excited for the football season - as I always am- and as I said in post #275

I'm clearly not rooting against Coach Beamer. I support him and I've said so and I've defended him in this very thread against idiots like you.

You are lying about what people like me posted (which everyone can see) because you've lost the narrative.

lol continue to celebrate that the rest of us are miserable while we lose 7 games next year.

I am not defending anybody, I am asking a serious question that you answered with vague generalities at best. Who are these plenty of coaches you speak of?? A non-fictional name would be a great answer, yours reeks of nothingness and fairy tales. I don't personally give a rats ass about Beamer there sport. Facts matter and BS walks. Whatcha got hero?

I can post 100 names and then you’re just going to argue, “you can’t be sure they would come here!!!”

You guys are arguing how children argue.

lol continue to celebrate that the rest of us are miserable while we lose 7 games next year.
I don't give a damn about you.

If you are miserable- that's fine. That's you.

if you are happy, that's fine. That's you.

You are nuts. That's clear.

Related to the topic of this thread, I read that this season is "do or die" for Arkansas' 5th-year Head Coach Sam Pittman.

Related to the topic of this thread, I read that this season is "do or die" for Arkansas' 5th-year Head Coach Sam Pittman.

What's the best indicator that a team cannot hang in the current NIL environment? It cannot retain its best players at the end of a season.

Arkansas has the same issue we do. Their good seasons were typically based on multi-year talent accumulation over the course of the 3-4 year period.

It doesn't matter if you bring in a "high end Xs and Os" coach who dances to Taylor Swift anymore. If you can't pay your best players what other teams can, it's not going to matter much.

Last edited:
What's the best indicator that a team cannot hang in the current NIL environment? It cannot retain its best players at the end of a season.

Post our players that left with how much we offered them versus how much they got from their new teams.

Post our players that left with how much we offered them versus how much they got from their new teams.

Their respective NIL sponsorships at the new schools are readily available online with a simple search.

Let's get your coaching list Watson. Time for you to produce something tangible.

Arkansas has the same issue we do. Their good seasons were typically based on multi-year talent accumulation over the course of the 3-4 year period.

It doesn't matter if you bring in a "high end Xs and Os" coach who dances to Taylor Swift anymore. If you can't pay your best players what other teams can, it's not going to matter much.
I don't know about Arkansas, but we have done well getting players through the portal. Hopefully, they will be coached well.

But regarding Arkansas, I am not sure they have a money Problem. The Walton family there are among the richest in the world. Arkansas made John Caliperi the 2nd highest paid college basketball coach in the nation at over 7 million per year. I believe they have a coaching problem in their football program. I was very surprised when they settled on Pittman.

Last edited:
I don't know about Arkansas, but we have done well getting players through the portal. Hopefully, they will be coached well.

But regarding Arkansas, I am not sure they have a money Problem. The Walton family there are among the richest in the world. Arkansas made John Caliperi the 2nd highest paid college basketball coach in the nation at over 7 million per year. I believe they have a coaching problem in their football program. I was very surprised when they settled on Pittman.
We actually haven't done well in comparison to what we have lost. We need established team chemistry. Not a revolving door that leaks talent each year.

Rattler was an unconventional pickup which never would have happened without Beamer. Most of his sponsorship money was from national companies because he had gained attention from OU and was on TV in his earlier days. That's the only way we were able to obtain him.

We actually haven't done well in comparison to what we have lost. We need established team chemistry. Not a revolving door that leaks talent each year.

Rattler was an unconventional pickup which never would have happened without Beamer. Most of his sponsorship money was from national companies because he had gained attention from OU and was on TV in his earlier days. That's the only way we were able to obtain him.

That's not true at all. He had multiple vehicles from car dealerships in the Cola area.

Beamer has just spent the majority of our NIL money on certain players instead of spreading it out to build out a team.

That's not true at all. He had multiple vehicles from car dealerships in the Cola area.

Beamer has just spent the majority of our NIL money on certain players instead of spreading it out to build out a team.
That was only a small fraction of his money. He had many different deals and the bulk came from national sponsorships. It took a village.

I would prefer to see the details, that way people could know the truth, and not just speculation.
You're probably going to be waiting a long time. Over the past two years, we've lost players to Oregon, FSU, USC, Ole Miss and others. All of those schools listed are known for their big NIL spending and have catapulted in the polls since 2022. When you couple this with the sponsorship deals these players have received upon their move, it's very obvious what is going on.

You're probably going to be waiting a long time. Over the past two years, we've lost players to Oregon, FSU, USC, Ole Miss and others. All of those schools listed are known for their big NIL spending and have catapulted in the polls since 2022. When you couple this with the sponsorship deals these players have received upon their move, it's very obvious what is going on.

Indeed.

Yes, but Stock has pointed out our relative rankings in the portal too.

I agree I'll be waiting a long time, but I still prefer facts over innuendo. When possible.

What I found funny about him, was that at one point, each "side" liked to use him as an example of their argument. (Each side of the Beamer debate)

Pittman was proof at one point that a guy could go to HC without being a HC or coordinator. And now you're saying the fifth year is "do or die"? Sounds familiar.

Reactions: gamecock stock
Then why aren't you posting exactly what we paid Juice Wells last year and what he's being paid this year?

Every person reading the thread knows he can't answer that question. And most know he wouldn't, even if he could. Nothing like dragging a few more responses out of you.

Reactions: uscwatson21
Yes, but Stock has pointed out our relative rankings in the portal too.

I agree I'll be waiting a long time, but I still prefer facts over innuendo. When possible.
Those rankings are basically useless for many reasons. For one, how are you going to measure the value of a star player (or several) leaving a team? That's a unique fit that can't be determined by some computer equation.

Every person reading the thread knows he can't answer that question. And most know he wouldn't, even if he could. Nothing like dragging a few more responses out of you.

Lurker, go nurse your blue light toxicity. Everyone knows Wells left for greener pastures. I'm sorry they cannot disclosure the exact figures for you two boneheads.

Those rankings are basically useless for many reasons. For one, how are you going to measure the value of a star player (or several) leaving a team? That's a unique fit that can't be determined by some computer equation.

Don't disagree too strongly. Those rankings have a lot of speculation in them.

But then, every conversation about NIL does. It's often repeated that there are no good, true comparisons out there. There is no source compiling exactly what is spent by teams. And yet we attempt to speak factually about details that are speculation, and claim some of our speculation is "fact".

In the end, it will probably be a "fact" that we are outspent by any team that beats us on the field, and even some that don't. That makes the better story.

Yeah it’s just incredible how bad faith the pro Beamer crowd are with their arguments.

I still think he’s actually a Clemson fan.

Reactions: Lurker123
Lurker, go nurse your blue light toxicity. Everyone knows Wells left for greener pastures. I'm sorry they cannot disclosure the exact figures for you two boneheads.

Yeah those greener pastures were more about having fun and winning.

When describing the reasons he bolted from South Carolina to Ole Miss, Wells this week told the Locked On Ole Miss podcast that he “wanted to be with a quarterback who was actually experienced in the SEC and can actually control the offense.”

Wells continued: “And also, I wanna win. I don’t like losing. I’m a competitor.”

When describing the reasons he bolted from South Carolina to Ole Miss, Wells this week told the Locked On Ole Miss podcast that he “wanted to be with a quarterback who was actually experienced in the SEC and can actually control the offense.”

Wells continued: “And also, I wanna win. I don’t like losing. I’m a competitor.”

Haha. Something about a bridge in Brooklyn.....Dude, he's not going to say he chased the cash. But everyone knows he chased the cash. That's how he landed in SC to begin with.

The On3 site takes into account players lost as well as those coming in. We are in the Top 10 in their rankings for 2 seasons.

The On3 site takes into account players lost as well as those coming in. We are in the Top 10 in their rankings for 2 seasons.

I have doubts about those numbers, because there is a lot of Grey area in the deals.

BUT

Those rankings have a bit more thought put into them than "just because", "everyone knows" and "it's obvious" type statements to the contrary.

This reminds me a little of the NIL ranking link that was brought out a year or more ago. It was definitive "proof" that we were losing to those teams because we were behind in NIL. Then we started losing to teams ranked below us, and suddenly that same link was garbage.

Come to think of it, I think the same thing happened with the talent compiler link too.

Reactions: gamecock stock
I would prefer to see the details, that way people could know the truth, and not just speculation.
Spot on Lurker. We don't know whether our NIL money is being spent wisely by Beamer or not. The New woman's Softball coach was talking about how she was going to use NIL money and the Portal to build USC woman's Softball into a Power. Now, I have Zero interest in woman's Softball (I might if she recruited from Hooters; but that's a Story for another day). We must be more NIL weAlthy than some think for the WOMEN'S SOFTBALL, of all sports, to be talking about using NIL and the portal. And what about mens basketball. Paris is bringing in 5 New players. All are rated a 4 Star by at least one of the 4 recruiting Services. How about Dawn Staley. She kills it in recruiting. I am skeptical that we are in the NIL poor house.

• Haha

Yeah, he really looked like a "competitor" and someone who wanted to "win" sitting on his ass all year.

I can post 100 names and then you’re just going to argue, “you can’t be sure they would come here!!!”

You guys are arguing how children argue.
Post 5 names and I won't argue any of them because I really don't care and my opinion (and yours by the way) ultimately mean zip, nada, nil, zed, etc. Who is being the child here actually? 5 names should be easy if you have 100 you could give. So, 5 names.... START NOW...

Post 5 names and I won't argue any of them because I really don't care and my opinion (and yours by the way) ultimately mean zip, nada, nil, zed, etc. Who is being the child here actually? 5 names should be easy if you have 100 you could give. So, 5 names.... START NOW...

1. Rhett Lashlee
2. Jon Sumerall
3. Brian Hartline
4. Tom Herman
5. Jimmy Rogers

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT