ADVERTISEMENT

When was the first time you attended a Gamecock Football game at WB or Carolina Stadium?

!974 Houston at WB
Lost 24-14
I think I missed one home game til 2002 once I moved away. Haven't been to many since. Last one was Ole Miss in '09

My cousin from Greenville, just called me and said the first Carolina football game he attended was 1958.

My cousin was and still is one of the most loyal Gamecock fans I have ever known. He never missed a home for something like 35 years, maybe longer. He doesn't attend many games now because his wife passed away about five or six years ago. He and his wife stopped buying season tickets not long before she passed away because it was getting hard for him to drive at night.

Last edited:
Reactions: Closer
First one I remember was 1967 against Iowa State. Mike Fair was the QB, Dietzel was HC and we won 34-3.

I transferred in as a first semester sophomore, and got to experience an entire season of big George. Man those were good times. God I love the University of South Carolina.

Reactions: Closer
1987 11 years old, first time to Williams-Brice with my Grandpa, my Dad, and my little brother, he was 9.
Carolina-48
N.C. State-0
Was already a Gamecock because I listened to Bob Fulton every fall Saturday as far back as I can remember, but I(and I think my brother as well)was hooked for life that day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT