ADVERTISEMENT

Where is the humility?

USC9195

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2008
Elgin
Three days later, I am even more surprised and disappointed by Muschamp. By now, I thought he would have come out with a statement fully accepting responsibility for the failures of his team on Saturday. I thought he would have released something along the lines of, “after watching the film, it’s clear that we didn’t have our kids ready for what they would face on Saturday, we had a poor game plan on both offense and defense, and the coaching staff just flat out got beat during the game. We got out-coached, especially in the fourth quarter, and frankly, we made some bad calls and bad decisions. We have some players that should have played better, but we should have put them in a better position to win”.

He’s talked about the players in general, and diffused some of the direct blame against Jake, moved guys on the offensive line around, and talked about significant changes. What he hasn’t done is make a strong statement putting the blame on him and his staff. I can’t remember the exact quote, but it is something to the effect of “ great coaches accept all of the blame for the teams failures and give the players all the credit for the teams’ success”. Clearly that isn’t a philosophy Muschamp espouses.

Sometimes a little humility goes a long way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News