ADVERTISEMENT

Where SC at this week?

I am guessing this squad comes in at #18 this week, any other guesses??
I say the voters are still reluctant to rate us much higher than 22. Breaking into the top 25 for the first time in a season is typically met with skepticism— unless you’re a UNC, Kansas, or such perennial basketball powers.

Reactions: cockofdawn
I say the voters are still reluctant to rate us much higher than 22. Breaking into the top 25 for the first time in a season is typically met with skepticism— unless you’re a UNC, Kansas, or such perennial basketball powers.
Good points, but three impressive wins, UK, @UT and @UGA even skeptics can’t deny!!

I actually think we will be at #15. I think the win at Tennessee holds a ton of credit with the AP voters.

My concern is can we handle the success and the target that comes with it. It’s a great problem to have though!

Our men's teams lately have had a tendency to fall down shortly after getting ranked. Hope we can break that habit too.

Tomorrow is Ole Miss and they are coached by Chris Beard. They are tough as nails and underrated too. Hopefully the CLA is rocking. There is a $5 ticket option for those that don’t have tickets already. For $5 to see two likely NCAA tournament teams is a steal. It’s upper level corner but still you’re in there for next to nothing.

I actually think we will be at #15. I think the win at Tennessee holds a ton of credit with the AP voters.

My concern is can we handle the success and the target that comes with it. It’s a great problem to have though!
Our Tenn win in Knoxville is looking more impressive now that Tenn slammed UK — in Lexington. Top 20 is a possibility.

I am guessing this squad comes in at #18 this week, any other guesses??

#18 is a solid guess. I could see us as high as #15 as Ben mentioned above.

Another great game on Saturday against a team who causes us some matchup issues. Good coaching once again moving to the zone in the 2nd half. 26 assists -- Unselfish play....The ball is moving around very well.

Columbia-native and Freshman, Murray-Bowles, lead the way. Other than us, he had offers from the likes of Presbyterian and Elon. Fits perfectly in the system.

The March Madness selection committee leans heavily on the NET rankings. If this is a computer compilation, it needs some serious tweaking. We're currently #38 while UK sits at #26 and UT at #6. We have a better record than both. We have a better Quad 1 % record We beat both head to head. If you look at most of the team ahead of us, our resume looks far better. Head scratcher.
https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-men/d1/ncaa-mens-basketball-net-rankings

Another great game on Saturday against a team who causes us some matchup issues. Good coaching once again moving to the zone in the 2nd half. 26 assists -- Unselfish play....The ball is moving around very well.

Columbia-native and Freshman, Murray-Bowles, lead the way. Other than us, he had offers from the likes of Presbyterian and Elon. Fits perfectly in the system.

The March Madness selection committee leans heavily on the NET rankings. If this is a computer compilation, it needs some serious tweaking. We're currently #38 while UK sits at #26 and UT at #6. We have a better record than both. We have a better Quad 1 % record We beat both head to head. If you look at most of the team ahead of us, our resume looks far better. Head scratcher.
https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-men/d1/ncaa-mens-basketball-net-rankings
Excellent analysis!

Reactions: Ward Jr

Murray-Bowles was a four star recruit per rivals.

Reactions: cockofdawn
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT