ADVERTISEMENT

Which coach do you want. A 43 yr old never even been a coordinator or a 41 year old head coach?

BattleshipTexas

Oct 15, 2001
Which coach do you want. A 43 yr old who has never even been a coordinator or a 41 year old head coach? It boils down to that. Why has one been trusted with a head coaching job and not the other older guy?

But maybe with some HC experience he can learn to, on 3rd and 2 with the game on the line, to do a pass with a qb has completed 30% on the day and then take a safety to give the opponent fiend position, a time out and two minutes to win the game ,

Reactions: 1982cock
I want someone who has successfully proven he can handle the pressures, duties and responsibilities of a Head Coach. I don't want someone to test The Peter Principle here. So, I prefer Napier over Beamer. But, I predict Beamer will get the job.

I want someone who has successfully proven he can handle the pressures, duties and responsibilities of a Head Coach. I don't want someone to test The Peter Principle here. So, I prefer Napier over Beamer. But, I predict Beamer will get the job.
If I was going to get someone over beamer it would have to be someone with p5 HC success. G5 HC success means little in the transition to p5

But maybe with some HC experience he can learn to, on 3rd and 2 with the game on the line, to do a pass with a qb has completed 30% on the day and then take a safety to give the opponent fiend position, a time out and two minutes to win the game , And go on to win the game over a team his school had never beaten and go 9-1 on the year.
Finished it for you.

When it comes to Beamer, “previous HC experience” at Sun Belt level doesn’t beat him.

This is neither for or against Beamer but there is no way of knowing how Beamer would’ve performed last night in the same situation.If they decided to punt and it went to the end zone again,most likely it’s game over.Then people here would be saying the same thing about bad coaching decisions.why he do this or that.there is always a counter argument.He made a game time decision I believe is that at worst case was the game would go into overtime.Bottom line is they won the game.Imo SC would be fine with any of the top 3 candidates.Pick the one you think is best,if it don’t work out,we will be back in 4-5 years and try again.If it isn’t Beamer this time around he will be around for the next time since he wants it.

I keep hearing Beamer and recruiting but also remember we had some guy named Spurrier coaching. I know Spurrier hated that aspect in coaching but his name alone had SC on espn it seemed every Saturday in prime time. He had SC being talked about nationally. His name alone made it easier for assistants to lock up top recruits. Not saying Beamer can't recruit but recruiting at today's SC is totally different than over a decade ago under an entirely different set of standards and advantages....

Billy Napier is the best choice. Remember his team beat Matt Campbell's P5 Iowa State team 31-14 this season. Beats App State for the 1st time in their program history (how hard was it for us to finally beat Auburn since joining the SEC), Winning his division all 3 seasons and a HC record of 27-11. This guy learned the most from Nick Saban and does the little things to be successful. Since playing QB at Furman and coaching at Clemson it gives him knowledge of our state. And finally "Just win, Baby" and that is what he did last night!

Which coach do you want. A 43 yr old who has never even been a coordinator or a 41 year old head coach? It boils down to that. Why has one been trusted with a head coaching job and not the other older guy?
43 year old never been a headcoach. It seems so wrong, it must be right.

Billy Napier is the best choice. Remember his team beat Matt Campbell's P5 Iowa State team 31-14 this season. Beats App State for the 1st time in their program history (how hard was it for us to finally beat Auburn since joining the SEC), Winning his division all 3 seasons and a HC record of 27-11. This guy learned the most from Nick Saban and does the little things to be successful. Since playing QB at Furman and coaching at Clemson it gives him knowledge of our state. And finally "Just win, Baby" and that is what he did last night!
Great summary!..Napier is less risky than Beamer.

Reactions: 43cocks
Didn't think I would ever say this, but Tom Herman might be a good candidate for us. He is in a very difficult situation at Texas. He might really shine in his next job, to prove to Texas that they made a mistake by not giving him their full support. I've never been a big fan of his, but we might miss out on someone who could be very successful in his next job.

The assistant coach who's never been a HC is always the most popular coach.
tenor.gif

Reactions: vetteluvr
Chadwell and beg Joe Moglia to come with him to serve as our AD. Both are proven winners!

Beamer all day. Better recruiter and will know how to put the best staff in place and also knows the the culture we need here.

What makes you think Beamer is a better recruiter or even has any idea how to put a better staff in place? I don’t see any real evidence to support this, so can you point me to it?

I keep hearing Beamer and recruiting but also remember we had some guy named Spurrier coaching. I know Spurrier hated that aspect in coaching but his name alone had SC on espn it seemed every Saturday in prime time. He had SC being talked about nationally. His name alone made it easier for assistants to lock up top recruits. Not saying Beamer can't recruit but recruiting at today's SC is totally different than over a decade ago under an entirely different set of standards and advantages....
This^^^^^^^^

Cool there is a new g5 can’t miss hire every year, spare me the pageantry
Show me where I said he's a "can't miss hire."

I've said he's more qualified and checks more boxes than Beamer. And he is and he does. It's simply moronic to be against someone because of ONE playcall in a single game -- that he WON anyway.

Jamey Chadwell's team had never beaten App State before he took over last season and CCU beat App State by two touchdowns instead of a field goal this season, was a losing record when he took over, is undefeated this season, beat Billy Napier's team, has already locked up Division Champion, has coached all over our state and SE TN making winners from losers repeatedly, etc. How come people give Napier credit for these things but sit doesn't count for Chadwell?

I’d rather have the guy who’s seen the inner workings of USC and the political BS you have to work around to be successful. I’m not interested in a coach that takes 2 years to understand that this is not a normal college coaching situation and you can’t do stuff here like you do elsewhere.

Reactions: feeble2001
I’d rather have the guy who’s seen the inner workings of USC and the political BS you have to work around to be successful. I’m not interested in a coach that takes 2 years to understand that this is not a normal college coaching situation and you can’t do stuff here like you do elsewhere.
Yes if spurrier and holtz had issues getting around some of the bs our coaches deal with, I can’t imagine a g5 coach getting the red carpet

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT