ADVERTISEMENT

Which had you rather have happen relative to the men's basketball team.

Freddie.B.Cocky

Jul 19, 2002
Beat Gonzaga and then lose to the holes or lose to Gongaza off the bat? I had rather lose to Gonzaga first than to lose to the holes, especially lose badly to the holes. Probably the best situation for the university would to be to at least play in the championship game. But living in NC man, I hate the holes.

I feel for you, Freddie, but I'd rather the Gamecocks play in the championship game than not. Losing to the holes would be an awful way for the run to end, but I've got to think pretty much the entire rest of the country would be pulling for us.

But, honestly, I don't think that's going to happen. I'm beginning to think this team is a team of destiny. If we beat Gonzaga, then I'm going to officially predict we'll win the championship game, whether its against UNC or Oregon.

I will never understand the mentality that it takes to always look on the dark side of any situation! This team is where they are right now because Frank has them believing that they belong in the final four and are capable of winning it all! I for one am buying into it too. The thought that they will lose either game is not even creeping into my mind! Believe!!! Forever to Thee!!

Reactions: NOLAwdt
I would never pass up an opportunity to play for a national title. Have to think big picture here. Playing for a national title is tremendous exposure for our program. In any event, UNC is beatable. Arkansas had them on the ropes and Duke beat them twice. If we come out playing our game, we have a chance at beating anyone. I'll be honest, I was a little more nervous of playing UK in a championship game.

One game at a time though, beat Gonzaga!

Reactions: Gradstudent
If, by some miracle, we lose to UNC, all we have to do is wait for the NCAA to vacate all their wins and championships and we would be defacto champions...but, we will win, so this won't be an issue.

Reactions: Buffalo Chicken
Beat Gonzaga and then lose to the holes or lose to Gongaza off the bat? I had rather lose to Gonzaga first than to lose to the holes, especially lose badly to the holes. Probably the best situation for the university would to be to at least play in the championship game. But living in NC man, I hate the holes.
BS attitude

How do you type something so stupid, so often.

Not another one of these Gamecock loser threads

Reactions: FORKCOCK
We beat Duke with 9 McDonald's All-Americans and the winningest coach. We can beat anyone.

Now I can be negative myself but why put that out there. Enjoy the ride. We can win any game. Our team draws a line in the sand and will impose their will on the opponent. Maybe you are a tater. If not enjoy the ride.

I cannot understand even the contemplation of this question. Beat Gonzaga; then play whomever.

Reactions: biggs#
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT