ADVERTISEMENT

Which professional athlete annoys you the most? which do you respect the most?

What about it was about the flag? As much as people dislike him I can honestly say it was one of the simplest and least aggressive ways to show civil disobedience. Also he was considerate enough to get the backing of a green beret. Personally I have plenty of things to be upset about, but someone kneeling during the national anthem is hardly one them. I'm more upset with so many veterans being ignored and often homeless in this country.

I respect Nate Boyer’s opinion over a lot of the others, and as a Vet too, I have no problem with it either. It was a peaceful, yet obviously a very effective way to protest, considering it’s still a hot button issue 3 years later. To be perfectly candid, and speaking about many of my Facebook friends that I’ve known for almost 40 years, the ones that were in college (or whatever) getting drunk, getting high, partying like the Beastie Boys, following the Dead, you name it, while I served from 1991-1995 are the biggest “patriots” now that can’t stand Kap. Not that you have to serve to have an opinion, but....

Joel Embiid annoys the @@!&$ out of me . Talks a ton of smack and hasn’t proven anything . Extremely talented player but his ego is bigger than his game . As far as the best .... Thomas Davis . Overcame 3 devastating knee injuries , never gave up hope and was a great example for kids and did a ton of stuff for the city of Charlotte . Two time NFL man of the year . I also see a lot of hate on Brady . Why !??! I think it’s just pure jealousy. He’s the Greatest QB in History , worth millions and millions , and he’s married to one of the hottest women to ever walk on earth . Shouldn’t hate him for that !! Dude is living the dream .

Pro golfers with all their straight shots & putts & birdies & such
Just drives me crazy

If I could quit my job and focus on golf for about 2 years I could be ready for my ramp up to the senior tour but until then ........

Reactions: GeoCocky
Going off topic for a second to talk about an athlete that I respected. Bart Starr was someone who was not only a great athlete and competitor, but also a humble, generous, and compassionate person who was respected by everyone he knew. I had a 15 jersey as a kid and continued to follow him throughout the rest of his life.
How dare you stick to topic on this forum!!!

Reactions: Gamekem
Dennis Rodman, Bill Laimbeer, Reggie Jackson, Kurt Gibson, Barry Bonds, Michael Irvin, Ezekiel Elliot, Aaron Rodgers, OJ Simpson, George Steinbrenner,Tonya Harding, Brad Scott and Mike Ditka has previously or currently irritates me.

Being biased, but I have a lot of respect for Coach McGuire, Bob Fulton, Mike McGee, Coach Odom. Coach Spurrier, Coach Muschamp, Coach Martin, Coach Staley, Coach Shelley Smith, Coach Beverly Smith and Coach Tanner.

Last edited:
My most annoying has to be Cam Newton. Despite whipping us twice in his year at Auburn, I sort of respected his greatness there. He was cocky but cool. Now his antics are nearly unbearable. The outfits, the moping around, the lame celebrations after every play, and honestly the worst- the font he types in on Instagram. Absolutely mind blowing.

LeBron is up there for me too. As someone said, I do respect that he gives back to his community and I do think he's a Top 5 player ever... But he's just unlikable for me as an athlete. I really can't pin point it and I genuinely have wanted to like him at points in his career, but I just can't. His antics this year on the court sealed it for me.

Honorable mentions- Bryce Harper, Wilson Contreras, Ian Poulter.. Sure I'm forgetting somebody.
I feel the same way about LeBron. He does a lot of great things but the way he acts is such an annoyance. He whines about everything and doesn't have a shred of humility.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT