ADVERTISEMENT

Which WR's will be our best surprise this coming season? I think Xavier and OrTre

cadcock

Aug 31, 1999
I'll be curious to see what Joyner can do with more time at the position, could be one heck of a slot receiver
Who are your picks?
6 Josh Vann Jr.
7 Dakereon Joyner So.*
8 Randrecous Davis Sr.
13 Shi Smith Sr.
17 Xavier Legette So.
18 OrTre Smith Jr.*
35 Trey Adkins So.*
49 Reed Charpia Fr.
85 Tyquan Johnson Fr.*
86 Chad Terrell Jr.*
87 Mike Wyman Fr.
-- Geri Cari Caldwell Fr.
-- Rico Powers Fr.

I'll be curious to see what Joyner can do with more time at the position, could be one heck of a slot receiver
Who are your picks?
6 Josh Vann Jr.
7 Dakereon Joyner So.*
8 Randrecous Davis Sr.
13 Shi Smith Sr.
17 Xavier Legette So.
18 OrTre Smith Jr.*
35 Trey Adkins So.*
49 Reed Charpia Fr.
85 Tyquan Johnson Fr.*
86 Chad Terrell Jr.*
87 Mike Wyman Fr.
-- Geri Cari Caldwell Fr.
-- Rico Powers Fr.

Reactions: cadcock
I agree that Joyner can be an excellent slot receiver if he has 100% bought into the position. Shi should be solid and Otre’ showed some promise as a freshman if he has fully healed. For some reason I think the X man will be pretty good.

We need Josh Vann to learn how to catch the ball more consistently.

I hope Dak can be a surprise threat.... I have said before it would be a surprise to me if be has a big breakout. That does not mean I am not pulling for him...

Maybe this Rico Powers kid is a play maker?

Most of all Shi Smith needs to step up. He is the only returning guy who has shown flashes of big play ability. He has been too inconsistent to be a #1 guy so far IMO.. If he can successfully assume that role and stay healthy then these guys who are younger or less experienced can hopefully play with a little less pressure and we might be able to find a play maker or two. This is a flimsy hope and I think we all know it. Wide receiver is my biggest position of concern and frustration with this team currently. It felt like we had nobody but Edwards last year. Without him I think we got a glimpse of what we will see the end of last year and it was REAL BAD.

Only Shi on the list gives me any confidence in their ability to make plays. Davis can't stay healthy and Vann hasn't shown he can catch with any consistency.. need Ortre to bounce back in a big way. Just glancing over the list gives me the sinking feeling our offense will be a repeat of last year..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT