ADVERTISEMENT

Who on here has a blackstone grill

I tried the kamado Joe with the half moon griddle. Broke down and bought a blackstone. I still love the kamado Joe but the blackstone just does some things better. Hibachi, smash burgers and breakfast for instance.

My only regret is that I didn’t get an xl egg but if I buy another large it would be better than an xl. I got my first one from a guy from Germany that lived in augusta. He bought a large egg for the renters during the masters and no one used it. He did not grill at all. Got a large egg, cover, egg stand and side caddie for $350 on super bowl Sunday couple years back.

How do you guys clean your griddle? Even with the grill glove towels get rather hot when they are steaming. I’ve seen some of the pads with the handle but I wasn’t sure how well those work.

I use a 4” stiff puddy knife to scape of any thing that is stuck to it. Spray it down with water to wash anything off then rub with a lodge silicone chain mail sponge thing for final cleaning. Oil it back down once it starts smoking I shut it down. Or if it’s hot enough just oil it and cover.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dizzy01
My only regret is that I didn’t get an xl egg but if I buy another large it would be better than an xl. I got my first one from a guy from Germany that lived in augusta. He bought a large egg for the renters during the masters and no one used it. He did not grill at all. Got a large egg, cover, egg stand and side caddie for $350 on super bowl Sunday couple years back.
That's a great price...I got the large and seriously looking at getting the Mini Max for burgers and small portions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT