ADVERTISEMENT

Who should we fire?

No one.

I'm literally sick of this coaching search thing. Muschamp does some things well. For better or worse, let him have five years and total control of who his staff is (barring some kind of criminal offense by one of them).

I'm not optimistic, but at least we can say we gave him every chance. Four years at Florida, and five here will be enough to see what Muschamp is as a head coach. Then, if nothing else, he'll leave a decent middle of the road SEC roster for whoever follows him to work with.

Remember Florida and Tennessee had a hard time filling thier vacancies. You really want to can Muschamp at this point?

I literally would rather watch mediocrity for a couple of years, as opposed to hiring the best available candidate who'll take the job and might be a total dumpster fire.

The gamecocks are my last link to following sports of any kind, pro, college whatever. Maybe it's time for me to say goodbye to it forever.

Reactions: SCexpat38
Halfway through the first quarter i was hoping Todd Ellis would be shown the door.He sounded like he was about to lose his voice within the first 5 min. I know he is not the best but yesterday he was particularly bad,not that he had much to be possitive or pleased about

I don’t consider 9 wins and a NY Day bowl win 2 years following 3-9 to be mediocre in any sense of the word.

No one.

I'm literally sick of this coaching search thing. Muschamp does some things well. For better or worse, let him have five years and total control of who his staff is (barring some kind of criminal offense by one of them).

I'm not optimistic, but at least we can say we gave him every chance. Four years at Florida, and five here will be enough to see what Muschamp is as a head coach. Then, if nothing else, he'll leave a decent middle of the road SEC roster for whoever follows him to work with.

Remember Florida and Tennessee had a hard time filling thier vacancies. You really want to can Muschamp at this point?

I literally would rather watch mediocrity for a couple of years, as opposed to hiring the best available candidate who'll take the job and might be a total dumpster fire.

The gamecocks are my last link to following sports of any kind, pro, college whatever. Maybe it's time for me to say goodbye to it forever.

Muschamp can get it done if he make the right offensive hire. Problem is he never has

Reactions: The Cool Cock
Halfway through the first quarter i was hoping Todd Ellis would be shown the door.He sounded like he was about to lose his voice within the first 5 min. I know he is not the best but yesterday he was particularly bad,not that he had much to be possitive or pleased about
Don't be so hard on Todd. He actually taught me a new word this week. "Onwatchers".
And all this time I thought it was onlookers,

The guy that came up with the new traffic flow idea.
Have not been to a home South Carolina game since the Vanderbilt match in 1997. I do appreciate all the feedback from everyone attending the home games. The advice could help South Carolina administration on how to improve the logistics.

Reactions: cockyjohn
Have not been to a home South Carolina game since the Vanderbilt match in 1997. I do appreciate all the feedback from everyone attending the home games. The advice could help South Carolina administration on how to improve the logistics.
It was actually working great for the longest time, very little complaints. Something changed and it's all screwed up now, has been for the past 2-3 seasons. They have to quit trying to funnel multiple lanes of traffic into one or two. You cause gridlock like that.

Reactions: cockyjohn

Anybody watch them on Facebook when the game began?kinda funny when they was in a tv break the way they was acting...

Reactions: joplin gamecock 1
This mindset of firing someone over one bad game two weeks into the season is beyond absurd.
I can hear the counter argument "we're into our 3rd season, not enough improvement", "CWM doesn't know offense", etc, etc.
Can you be frustrated and upset ? Yes, of course. However, we all follow South Carolina sports for a variety of reasons, and can be very passionate which is fine, but keep things in perspective. The last game was bad but it's time to look ahead to see how to improve our deficiencies.
A loss is deflating but it you shouldn't let it define you personally

Don't be so hard on Todd. He actually taught me a new word this week. "Onwatchers".
And all this time I thought it was onlookers,

So I take it that you would not hire him for legal representation?

He’s an excitable boy with a dream job as voice of his Alma mater.

Florida hired a proven winner in Mullen and look what happened against Kentucky. Florida has talent and Mullen can coach but they still lost to Kentucky for the first time in 31 years. Do they fire Mullen? Chit happens and the mark of a coach or team is how they deal with it and move on.

The seat for Muschamp will inevitably get hot if/when Florida or Tennessee start winning championships in the east before we do. Muschamp has had more than a head start on these programs. There will be no excuse other than incompetence if those dumpster fire situations surpass us in a short period of time.

Last edited:
No one.

Who's talking about firing the head coach anytime soon?

In my opinion Will Muschamp is a fine coach that we are lucky to have. Jury is still out on BM as a coordinator but time will tell and he knows that. WM has assembled a staff of excellent recruiters and coaches and has gone to great lengths to make them happy and stay. One thing I am positive on-these guys know more about football and what their teams can and cannot do than anybody on 107.5, anybody in the bleachers of mediocre Columbia area High School fame, anybody on these message boards, and anybody else outside of coaches who get paid to do it for a living. We live in a fire/blame the coaching staff society all the way down to church league.What we need to be concerned with is LSU bringing the checkbook and raiding us when they fire Orgeron. Champ and his guys could recruit about anybody they wanted to down there. Let's just hope Carol is happy living on the lake.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT