ADVERTISEMENT

Why are we paying Kingston so much before he has done anything?

Gradstudent

Feb 11, 2006
Kingston's salary at SF was $172,000 and Holbrook made $400,000, now Kingston is $600K to come here?

Its not like he has proven himself here yet, and a bunch of other jobs had been filled.

What am i missing here?

Im not against the hire, but my man must have a much better agent then last time he did a deal?

giphy.gif

Reactions: Anna_Nimmitty
Been out of the news loop today. So the figure is $600k. Yowzers! I hope he can really produce for that kind of cheese. (I'm not against his hire, but I figured we'd double his salary from USF, not more than triple it.)

@Gradstudent if you question anything:

1. You aren't a true fan
2. You know more than Ray Tanner

I had a great coach at Pineview Little League. He won with less resources. He could recruit some great kids too. Maybe he can be a pitching coach. Plus he really wants to coach at USC so I know he will want to be here and try his best.

My guess is we were not the only offer on the table for coach. That's what we had to offer to snake him away from Bama and VT Tanner saw his potential too and negotiated him here. I head his interview and saw a guy who knows how to win and who he needs to do it. I'm sure it wasn't the first offer we made either

Kingston's salary at SF was $172,000 and Holbrook made $400,000, now Kingston is $600K to come here?

Its not like he has proven himself here yet, and a bunch of other jobs had been filled.

What am i missing here?

Im not against the hire, but my man must have a much better agent then last time he did a deal?
Kingston's base salary is 475k. TV deals, promotions. etc. add 125k annually.
I think 400k was Holbrook's base salary.

What am i missing here?

Get it right.annual base salary is $475,000 with another $125,000 in annual media/personal services compensation
-- Incentive-based compensation includes:
$10,000 for SEC Eastern Division championship
$15,000 for SEC Regular season championship
$15,000 for SEC Tournament championship
$20,000 for College World Series berth
$80,000 for NCAA national championship

An introductory press conference for Kingston will be held at 3 p.m. on Friday afternoon at The Zone at Williams-Brice Stadium.

The Bulls won 42 games in 2017, with notable wins over Florida State and eventual national champion Florida. Kingston replaces Chad Holbrook, who spent five years as the head coach of the Gamecocks with three NCAA Tournament appearances that included two super regional berths.

He ultimately resigned in June after South Carolina missed the NCAA Tournament for the second time in three seasons and finished 11th in the SEC with 13-17 conference record. The first NCAA Tournament absence in 2015 was USC’s first time out of the postseason in 16 years.

Kingston's base salary is 475k. TV deals, promotions. etc. add 125k annually.
I think 400k was Holbrook's base salary.
Yep. That's what I understood also. Base annual guaranteed salary increased $75,000 from Holbrook to Kingston, unless the writer of the article is comparing apples to oranges.

Get it right.annual base salary is $475,000 with another $125,000 in annual media/personal services compensation
-- Incentive-based compensation includes:
$10,000 for SEC Eastern Division championship
$15,000 for SEC Regular season championship
$15,000 for SEC Tournament championship
$20,000 for College World Series berth
$80,000 for NCAA national championship

An introductory press conference for Kingston will be held at 3 p.m. on Friday afternoon at The Zone at Williams-Brice Stadium.

The Bulls won 42 games in 2017, with notable wins over Florida State and eventual national champion Florida. Kingston replaces Chad Holbrook, who spent five years as the head coach of the Gamecocks with three NCAA Tournament appearances that included two super regional berths.

He ultimately resigned in June after South Carolina missed the NCAA Tournament for the second time in three seasons and finished 11th in the SEC with 13-17 conference record. The first NCAA Tournament absence in 2015 was USC’s first time out of the postseason in 16 years.

Thanks makes more sense

Could we have? How do you know he wasn't contacted and wasn't interested? I swear I can't tell if some of your post are serious or just yanking our chain. Hiring coaches ain't like shopping for shoes.
BS

U don't know that he was.
R u yanking our chains or just used to laying down for our cheap BOTs crap.

I'm having a battle of wits with an unarmed man. You win .
Alot of unarmed men around lately. I personally wanted O'Sullivan but some don't understand that dissension amongst the fanbase can potentially lead to a negative imagine of the program which can lead to a negative impact on recruiting. I have no idea if Kingston will get us back on top but considering his resume and his mentality, I can see why Ray wanted him. I've been watching and listening to Gamecocks baseball too long to hope he fails. Our program has always been competitive, we just need a coach that won't F it up

Reactions: coolcock2001
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT