ADVERTISEMENT

Why Dabo ran up the score....

RaleighGC

Oct 22, 2008
Because he didn't have 2 timeouts left to honor his team. The guy is a total fraud and class 1 A-hole. On the other hand we could take a page out of their book of how they treat the ESPN staff. Steve Levy is walking around Bristol CT today still talking about Clemson. He and Herbie are looking forward to the Spring game and the lap dances, sorry, ladies clinic.

Reactions: 1Clemson
Think he wanted the 50+ again. That’s 146 to 52 last three years.
Another sales piece for him.
It irks me how the announcers praise saint Dabo. But they are smart I’ll guve them that. Herbstreits boys will get them even more press.

You know what I found funny about the announcers tonight? When Clemson was running up and down the field they praised Clemson's offense and made no mention that we were playing 2nd and 3rd string players but late in the game as we were continuing to score it was against Clemson's second string and then when Clemson brought their starters back in, "its hard to go from being on the bench to back in and playing." They gave them every excuse in the book last night.

You know what I found funny about the announcers tonight? When Clemson was running up and down the field they praised Clemson's offense and made no mention that we were playing 2nd and 3rd string players but late in the game as we were continuing to score it was against Clemson's second string and then when Clemson brought their starters back in, "its hard to go from being on the bench to back in and playing." They gave them every excuse in the book last night.
As annoying as the Clemson and Saint Dabo ass kissing was all night I will give credit to the announcers and in particular Brian Greise for talking about our injuries on d. He brought up our ridiculous amount of injuries all night and even showed a graphic listing them. At one point he said he had never seen a team so deleted due to injuries on one side of the ball in his entire career. Now if we could just get them to say one negative thing about Dabo.

When did Dabo become our defensive coordinator? You should keep scoring until the loser figures out how to stop you. That is what we are losers. 5 years in a row to Clemson, Kentucky, and Georgia.

This board gives excuses. The school gives excuses. 107.5 gives excuses.

That is what Ray Tanners department has become. The excuse department. The list is long on why they should be funded like champions but give loser results.

Reactions: LakewoodTiger
We should have ran one more play, fans on the field be dammed. Run over them and hurt them on purpose next time. Take the ball from the ref, run the play, give the finger to the clock operator and truck the fans running into the field.
I'm not exactly in favor of all that (and I think you are being more than a little tongue-in-cheek), but how exactly, in 2018, does a school, conference, and the NCAA think its a good idea to allow 5,000 random people from the stands free access to the field while the teams are still out there?
"But its our tradition!", we've heard them say. Yeah, yeah. It used to be Ole Miss's tradition to run around with a confederate flag. It used to be The Citadel's tradition to play "Dixie" during the game. People realized those traditions needed to die.

Reactions: Cocky704
When did Dabo become our defensive coordinator? You should keep scoring until the loser figures out how to stop you. That is what we are losers. 5 years in a row to Clemson, Kentucky, and Georgia.

This board gives excuses. The school gives excuses. 107.5 gives excuses.
This team didn't play like losers. We left it all on the field. Nothing loser about that. We never quit and that's all anybody can ask for.

Dabo, on the other hand, gave us a kick to the nuts at the end. Now THAT is a loser move and totally classless any way you try to spin it.

I hope our guys never forget it and do everything they can to get better.

Because he didn't have 2 timeouts left to honor his team. The guy is a total fraud and class 1 A-hole. On the other hand we could take a page out of their book of how they treat the ESPN staff. Steve Levy is walking around Bristol CT today still talking about Clemson. He and Herbie are looking forward to the Spring game and the lap dances, sorry, ladies clinic.
Last night Levy sounded like a ww2 recruiting poster for the axis forces. A couple of times I thought he was fondling himself in the booth as he opined about calls which went against the Tigs. :(

I'm not exactly in favor of all that (and I think you are being more than a little tongue-in-cheek), but how exactly, in 2018, does a school, conference, and the NCAA think its a good idea to allow 5,000 random people from the stands free access to the field while the teams are still out there?
"But its our tradition!", we've heard them say. Yeah, yeah. It used to be Ole Miss's tradition to run around with a confederate flag. It used to be The Citadel's tradition to play "Dixie" during the game. People realized those traditions needed to die.

Uh, not quite the same thing here.

On the flip side this team left it all on the field and hopefully set a new standard for participating in the rivalry.

On the flip side this team left it all on the field and hopefully set a new standard for participating in the rivalry.
No, it isn't exactly the same. But the point stands that just because something is "tradition" doesn't mean it needs to continue.

They mentioned our injuries probably 14 times.

Don't worry about it...

I don't blame Dabo running up the score anymore than Spurrier running up the score on us or Tommy Bowden against us...

It's our job to stop them and we didn't do our job...

Stop your whining about Dabo being classless, we should be whining why we didn't stop them...
Right and stop dreaming of SEC championships and just beat Clemson’s azz. I want to beat them by 3 TD before I die

Right and stop dreaming of SEC championships and just beat Clemson’s azz. I want to beat them by 3 TD before I die

We'll never play for a SEC championships unless we go undefeated in the SEC...

We beat Clemson 5 years in a row and played for one SEC championship, while Clemson played in every ACC championships and BSC bowls...

Something isn't right here??? Maybe playing in the ACC has it's benefits....

Reactions: Judson1
I saw it when it happened. He re-plugged in his head set, and didn’t bother to cover his mouth with his Waffle House menu... yeah, he wanted everyone to know he made the call.

And waving his arms like he was saying "keep going". Dabo doesn't send the calls in, it was a "look at me, we're not taking a knee and end the game, look at me".
It didn't really affect the outcome and I certainly didn't come here to "whine" and complain about it but I also have no problem admitting I thought it was classless but certainly NOT surprising.

As annoying as the Clemson and Saint Dabo ass kissing was all night I will give credit to the announcers and in particular Brian Greise for talking about our injuries on d. He brought up our ridiculous amount of injuries all night and even showed a graphic listing them. At one point he said he had never seen a team so deleted due to injuries on one side of the ball in his entire career. Now if we could just get them to say one negative thing about Dabo.
I know they mentioned them at the beginning of the game but that didn't stop them from praising the Clemson offense for doing exactly what they were expected to do and then turn around and make excuses for the Clemson defense late in the game.

We'll never play for a SEC championships unless we go undefeated in the SEC...

We beat Clemson 5 years in a row and played for one SEC championship, while Clemson played in every ACC championships and BSC bowls...

Something isn't right here??? Maybe playing in the ACC has it's benefits....

Always would lose one too many games in the East....could have been in three consecutive SECCGs.

This team didn't play like losers. We left it all on the field. Nothing loser about that. We never quit and that's all anybody can ask for.

Dabo, on the other hand, gave us a kick to the nuts at the end. Now THAT is a loser move and totally classless any way you try to spin it.

I hope our guys never forget it and do everything they can to get better.
Like Trever Lawrence "kicked us in the nuts" when he stared down the Gamecock bench immediately after his first TD pass. The whole game was classless if you ask me but I agree with some that we need to find a way to pay it back on the field. If last night's game did anything for me, it gave me some hope for our offensive future. I just hope that our juniors return for a senior year.

Think he wanted the 50+ again. That’s 146 to 52 last three years.
Another sales piece for him.
It irks me how the announcers praise saint Dabo. But they are smart I’ll guve them that. Herbstreits boys will get them even more press.

We have a better sales pitch than that. Our defense had true Freshmen players on the field Coach Muschamp said should not have been playing but had to.

McClendon in year 1 as an offensive coordinator absolutely torched the highest paid defensive coordinator in college football with a 5 year $11.6 Million contract.

Venables D will get torched in the playoff and Jimbo Fisher will also torch them when they play in Clemson next year. It think Venables will be to Clemson what Gus Malzahn is to Auburn after those losses. An overpaid coach in a large contract and nobody wants him around.

Exactly. They mentioned the injury situation constantly from start to finish.

Dude please we are a severely injury depleted defense and there was only 36 seconds left. Dabo had his starters in with 36 secs left up 2 tds.
Dabo was trying to score as many points as he could to impress the committee but he forgot the committee also saw us put up 35 earned points on his defense. He was also pissed because we wouldn't fold like he expected. You don't win championships with a good DL alone, we're catching back up we just need to bring in more depth.

Dude please we are a severely injury depleted defense and there was only 36 seconds left. Dabo had his starters in with 36 secs left up 2 tds.
USC was not going to stop...as long as we could we were going to try and score again..as evident at the end (Debo's last stand)...as HC I would take no chances and would make sure the dagger was in deep, Dabo did what any good coach would do...make sure nothing weird would or could happen.....weird things happen...not always...but when a team is fighting, as was ours...the ball can take a good bounce...

I personally have not problem with Dixie or the CF flag...don't own a copy of either, but have no problem with someone else having one...cuz I believe the PC police will come after my bible next...then vengeance will be the Lords....

Wouldn’t want to have your outlook on life.
it's not up to me to handle Gods business and the pc police don't even want football teams playing tackle...so I am not sure what part of that statement u have a problem with....lol...my outlook on life is, this is just football...God is good and I am His...

NOT SURE WHY you felt the need to put shit in here about the confederate flag...some of you make a career of obsessing about a subject which has no possible relation to the topic... people need to realize that the confederate flag is not responsible for every imagined wrong ever comitted

NOT SURE WHY you felt the need to put shit in here about the confederate flag...some of you make a career of obsessing about a subject which has no possible relation to the topic... people need to realize that the confederate flag is not responsible for every imagined wrong ever comitted
I put it in because it is an example of a college football tradition that is no longer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT