ADVERTISEMENT

Why Dabo ran up the score....

I'm glad he scored that last touchdown, now that it is all said and done. Maybe it will finally make the right people mad. Maybe USC will get a clue and make football and beating Clemson a priority instead of taking my money and winning 8 games on average. Its like the freaking Cubs used to be. Why spend money on a good product when the clients continue to buy garbage.

Seriously? Ran up the score? Pretty sure its not his job to stop his offense. Yet it was OK for SC to go for it on 4th down up 49-9 vs FCS UTChatt.
I looked back at the play by play for this game and I don't see any fourth down play that you mention at the end of the game.

I do see a 4th down play with over 10 minutes to play where they stopped us. There's a big difference there than trying to score when you can run out the clock at the end of a game.

Dabo new what he was doing. It was completely unnecessary to run a play there and just an attempt to stroke his huge ego.

I looked back at the play by play for this game and I don't see any fourth down play that you mention at the end of the game.

I do see a 4th down play with over 10 minutes to play where they stopped us. There's a big difference there than trying to score when you can run out the clock at the end of a game.

Dabo new what he was doing. It was completely unnecessary and just an attempt to stroke his huge ego.

Either way SC went for it up 49-9 vs an FCS. SC wasn't going for a 1st down so they could punt...they were trying to score again. You can say its different all you want...SC could have punted, CU could have taken a knee, instead both were trying to score again...because that's what you do in football. Personally, I'm not a fan of taking a knee to run out a clock. I actually wish there was a way to stop it, like the clock stops if you don't gain positive yardage in the final 1-2 minutes of the game because it would give the other team another chance and make some games more exciting at the end.

Besides, SC fans sure loved it when WVA ran up the score on CU in the orange bowl

Reactions: Zann77
Either way SC went for it up 49-9 vs an FCS. SC wasn't going for a 1st down so they could punt...they were trying to score again. You can say its different all you want...SC could have punted, CU could have taken a knee, instead both were trying to score again...because that's what you do in football. Personally, I'm not a fan of taking a knee to run out a clock. I actually wish there was a way to stop it, like the clock stops if you don't gain positive yardage in the final 1-2 minutes of the game because it would give the other team another chance and make some games more exciting at the end.

Besides, SC fans sure loved it when WVA ran up the score on CU in the orange bowl

You know what happened at the end of that game? West Virginia had the ball around midfield with a minute left. Both Clemson amd WVa had all three timeouts. West Virginia took a couple of knees.

Reactions: Judson1 and BigTomE
USC was not going to stop...as long as we could we were going to try and score again..as evident at the end (Debo's last stand)...as HC I would take no chances and would make sure the dagger was in deep, Dabo did what any good coach would do...make sure nothing weird would or could happen.....weird things happen...not always...but when a team is fighting, as was ours...the ball can take a good bounce...
This is exactly why you take a knee. We were not going to stop. Weird things do happen. Take a knee, end the game and go to the locker room, game over. Run a play, risk a turnover, quick score, up by 7, onside kick, who knows. Its not entirely a class issue. Its arrogant and stupid. Arrogance is a weakness. Hopefully our staff has taken note of that and will try to use it against him in the future.

Seriously? Ran up the score? Pretty sure its not his job to stop his offense. Yet it was OK for SC to go for it on 4th down up 49-9 vs FCS UTChatt.
You do realize that the 4th string QB was in and they need live play as well as anybody else. Dabo had his 1st string in again just for the purpose to push the score to make him look better in the committee.

Reactions: BigTomE
What I want to know is why Dabo got on Wilkins for celebrating but when the blonde bomber threw a touchdown and stared at Muschamp, nothing.

Reactions: gamecockblack
You know what happened at the end of that game? West Virginia had the ball around midfield with a minute left. Both Clemson amd WVa had all three timeouts. West Virginia took a couple of knees.
Exactly right. That was right after the Clemson players begged them to let up.

WVU ran up the score on Clemson right before the end of the first half.

Dabo hurried his team to the line so they could score again because 49-35 didn't look like a dominant enough performance. Personally, I don't think most people notice the difference between a 21 point win and a 14 point win. But by scoring again, he allowed us to rack up 600 yards of offense and that kind of statistic is one people tend to notice. That kind of stat tends to make a #2 in the nation defense look like a fraud. So, way to go, Dabo.

Stop with this Clemson ran up the score sh*t.,,

It's not Dabo's job to keep Clemson from scoring, that's Muschamp job. And our esteemed HC whose stock and trade is supposed to be defense, has fielded a defense that can't stop a nose bleed.

Or as Bobby Bowden once so famously said..."If you don't want us to score...stop us".

Stop with this Clemson ran up the score sh*t.,,

It's not Dabo's job to keep Clemson from scoring, that's Muschamp job. And our esteemed HC whose stock and trade is supposed to be defense, has fielded a defense that can't stop a nose bleed.

Or as Bobby Bowden once so famously said..."If you don't want us to score...stop us".
When you have your opponent beat, show some class the game was over. Oh, I forgot Dabs doesn't have any.

Reactions: roosterbell
This is exactly why you take a knee. We were not going to stop. Weird things do happen. Take a knee, end the game and go to the locker room, game over. Run a play, risk a turnover, quick score, up by 7, onside kick, who knows. Its not entirely a class issue. Its arrogant and stupid. Arrogance is a weakness. Hopefully our staff has taken note of that and will try to use it against him in the future.
I am a Spurrier fan...score and score some more...

USC was not going to stop...as long as we could we were going to try and score again..as evident at the end (Debo's last stand)...as HC I would take no chances and would make sure the dagger was in deep, Dabo did what any good coach would do...make sure nothing weird would or could happen.....weird things happen...not always...but when a team is fighting, as was ours...the ball can take a good bounce...
There were 38 seconds left on the clock and we had no timeouts. We were not going to get the ball back. Taking one knee ends the game and eliminates any possibility of weird things happening.

Reactions: roosterbell
Count the reasons: 1. Dabo doesn't like Muschamp because of comments that "Dabo's wife hit on him. 2. Continuing to recruit Belk after he signed with Clemson. 3. Bentley's comments after the 56-7 beat down which showed he had no comprehension of just getting the sh*t beat out of him. 4. Complete lack of class by USC fans throwing bottles in 2017. (Notice we did not throw anything after phantom interference call on #24 and total BS call on Wilkins for unsportsmanlike conduct.)
5. Dabo saw total lack of class by USC players when Florida went into victory formation.

Reactions: Nosmelcregit
Pretty sure Dabo doesn't watch the end of our games especially where one was charged up and blocked the center into the QB. You saying some of your super fans don't throw water bottles. Wilkins showed his arrogance like a lot of players who act like they have never been in the end zone. What goes around comes around.

When you have your opponent beat, show some class the game was over. Oh, I forgot Dabs doesn't have any.
Did we stop trying to score? I don't think so.
So, if we were still trying to score, why shouldn't they?

Again, you don't want them to score, play some effing defense.

Reactions: acmnni1
Did we stop trying to score? I don't think so.
So, if we were still trying to score, why shouldn't they?

Again, you don't want them to score, play some effing defense.
Because you show respect to your opponent. 3rd string defense that was totally whiffed was on the field. Spurrier could have rolled some more scores in the 5 winning years but did not and that says a lot. Over and out.

What I want to know is why Dabo got on Wilkins for celebrating but when the blonde bomber threw a touchdown and stared at Muschamp, nothing.

I’m glad he did that So maybe our team will use to motivate them to knock his ass off next year. Or at least motivate them to hit the weight room

I'm glad he scored that last touchdown, now that it is all said and done. Maybe it will finally make the right people mad. Maybe USC will get a clue and make football and beating Clemson a priority instead of taking my money and winning 8 games on average. Its like the freaking Cubs used to be. Why spend money on a good product when the clients continue to buy garbage.
garbage is cheaper?

SC fans must be obsessed-- they would love it if the Sisters of Pain ran up the score on the Tigs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT