ADVERTISEMENT

Why don`t we ever hear what % of people testing + for Covid-19 were wearing masks or not? Simple que

psycock

Jan 20, 2001
stion that should say a lot about the effectiveness of mask-wearing, They have gone back and forth and now we all must wear them or we are terrible people. They should ask if people were always wearing a mask, sometimes wearing a mask, rarely wearing a mask or never wearing a mask. We know some people(a lot I think) got it despite wearing them. How come we never see any studies like that? Maybe I missed them, Seems like that would be all over the news to show how effective they are. Hmmm - perhaps the difference isn`t as big as they would like people to believe? Show me the evidence please.

Reactions: adg4419
They would lie, and you also have the problem with people who didn't wear it 100% of the time. (Who does?)

So youd have to know where they got it, and if they were wearing at the time, etc.

I don't see a big downward curve since the mandates. As some said only a small % wear them correctly. This virus has it's own way of spreading and I hope most of the cases are benign.

stion that should say a lot about the effectiveness of mask-wearing, They have gone back and forth and now we all must wear them or we are terrible people. They should ask if people were always wearing a mask, sometimes wearing a mask, rarely wearing a mask or never wearing a mask. We know some people(a lot I think) got it despite wearing them. How come we never see any studies like that? Maybe I missed them, Seems like that would be all over the news to show how effective they are. Hmmm - perhaps the difference isn`t as big as they would like people to believe? Show me the evidence please.

B/c the COVID data has been too politicized in both directions. The only thing that's clear about COVID-19 is that nothing is clear and you can't trust anything, as no one knows for sure.

It seems sensible to wear a mask in businesses that provide essentials - grocery, drug stores, MD offices, etc. to protect the higher risk. However, requiring them in optional places such as gyms, restaurants, etc. seems excessive.

Simple, to properly gauge its effects, a controlled group (under strict monitoring conditions) would have to wear their masks 100% of the time.

It’s like the poster asking the question above doesn’t know what he’s talking about. - almost..............

That, but more importantly he's looking for any angle he can find to try & minimize this disaster because the narrative they originally were convinced to believe demands it. Now, it doesn't matter how many people get sick or die, they ain't budging off that position, that would mean admitting they were wrong. Their politics simply can't let that happen.

Because some people have it but don't know it.. Duh

Are you sure????

Besides, the best way to keep from getting it is to wash your hands when you touch anything...

Are you going to stand next to a stranger and have them talk to you or yell at you like in these protest????

As Anthony Fauci has said, mask don't work...

Reactions: adg4419
Are you sure????

Besides, the best way to keep from getting it is to wash your hands when you touch anything...

Are you going to stand next to a stranger and have them talk to you or yell at you like in these protest????

As Anthony Fauci has said, mask don't work...

Yes, I'm sure people have/had it that didn't know it. 100%. I know several people in that exact situation. You been living in a cave?

Yes, I'm sure people have/had it that didn't know it. 100%. I know several people in that exact situation. You been living in a cave?

Right. I talked to a healthcare customer of mine this morning. They traced an outbreak with their employees to one person who had been out in a public place not taking it seriously, caught it from someone that didn’t have symptoms, and spread it to employees who had severe symptoms.

Because people would lie.
Edit: Plus, don’t even get me started about how so many people don’t even wear the dang thing correctly.

I gassed my car this morning and three men, counting myself, were gassing up at the same time. I was the only one wearing a mask.

Last edited:

I said this on another post...

Some adults probably had COVID and not have the antibodies for it. Also, all the tests don't have a high degree of accuracy.

You can be positive for months after getting COVID because the test picks up tRNA even dead tRNA.

You don't have to ask. Just look at the countries where mask wearing was mandatory early on and our country. The countries who mandated mask wearing didn't have the problems we are having.

I swear about 30 to 40% of people in the US are either too freaking stupid or just don't give a rats ass about this virus. If I see one more person on social media trying to explain to everyone that masks are a product of controlling the people and are a hoax I'm going to lose it. As someone who was in Medical Sales for 20 years of my life it is a MEDICAL FACT that masks slows down the spread of this and every other virus. It's completely shocking that such a little thing can turn into something so political.

There is no hard evidence that wearing a mask prevents the spread of Covid. A report in the British Journal of Medicine in 2015 states that wearing a mask increases your risk of infection. The World Health Organization states there is no evidence for or against wearing mask. People who shame you for not wearing mask are complete fools. Social media has made everyone a self proclaimed expert. Wearing a mask makes logical sense, but logic isn’t fact. The practice of medicine is based on science and not logic. Some will look like fools if science proves mask don’t work. You can shame me for not wearing a mask when you have evidence to back it up. Otherwise leave me alone.

Because wearing a mask does not really affect whether you get covitt 19. A mask mosyly stops you from spreading it
Honest question about this statement as I read something similar from someone in the CDC.
If a mask will not stop you from breathing in airborne Covid-19 droplets, how in the heck will it stop your infected droplets from spreading after a cough or sneeze? The mask material doesn't perform better one direction than it does the other. Virus sized particulate is forced through the same material at a closer distance from your nose/mouth during that cough/sneeze. It's still airborne and the other person's mask obviously doesn't stop the particulate either. Virus sized particulate travels equally as easy through mask materials in both directions. It makes very little sense to me. The same CDC spokesperson says that masks are a reminder to maintain social distancing form others. I have no problem with that as when I see someone wearing a mask, I try to avoid them as well as others.

Reactions: Expro19
Right. I talked to a healthcare customer of mine this morning. They traced an outbreak with their employees to one person who had been out in a public place not taking it seriously, caught it from someone that didn’t have symptoms, and spread it to employees who had severe symptoms.
I call BS on that. Most people do not know for sure when, where, or how they caught it. If it takes up to 14 days to show up (not even sure they really know that) the person could have caught it any number of places at any given time.

Reactions: Expro19
I call BS on that. Most people do not know for sure when, where, or how they caught it. If it takes up to 14 days to show up (not even sure they really know that) the person could have caught it any number of places at any given time.

It takes about a couple days to show up, the 14 days is a number for people who are sick to get rid of a flu like virus..

It became political the moment he said the word hoax, now no one has forgotten that. It’s largely, masks steal mah liberty love Trump, regular mask wearers don’t. First of all, I’ve made it a point to do the exact opposite of whatever he says as a rule, second, I don’t listen to Fauci that much either. Anyone over 25 should have a regular physician at this point, so I defer to him. Honestly, neither of those 2 guys know your medical history, or what you should or should be taking or doing. I’ve been out every day since 3/12ish, and masked every time. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn’t, but I have a family I’m not trying to bring it home to, and I was negative 3 weeks ago, so maybe it does work. I know one thing, I don’t care who’s in office, I know the right decision to make.....for now.

There is no hard evidence that wearing a mask prevents the spread of Covid. A report in the British Journal of Medicine in 2015 states that wearing a mask increases your risk of infection. The World Health Organization states there is no evidence for or against wearing mask. People who shame you for not wearing mask are complete fools. Social media has made everyone a self proclaimed expert. Wearing a mask makes logical sense, but logic isn’t fact. The practice of medicine is based on science and not logic. Some will look like fools if science proves mask don’t work. You can shame me for not wearing a mask when you have evidence to back it up. Otherwise leave me alone.
It's people like this where we will be in this mess for the foreseeable future. The CDC has come out and said if we would all wear masks this virus could be controlled within 2 months. And didn't Trump himself discredit the WHO? I know he stopped funding.

Reactions: lostcock
It became political the moment he said the word hoax, now no one has forgotten that. It’s largely, masks steal mah liberty love Trump, regular mask wearers don’t. First of all, I’ve made it a point to do the exact opposite of whatever he says as a rule, second, I don’t listen to Fauci that much either. Anyone over 25 should have a regular physician at this point, so I defer to him. Honestly, neither of those 2 guys know your medical history, or what you should or should be taking or doing. I’ve been out every day since 3/12ish, and masked every time. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn’t, but I have a family I’m not trying to bring it home to, and I was negative 3 weeks ago, so maybe it does work. I know one thing, I don’t care who’s in office, I know the right decision to make.....for now.
I second that...I had my physical last week and we talk extensively about masks and how important they are. And I'm about as healthy as you can get...although being 59 doesn't help. I will listen to my doctor before I listens to these fools.

Reactions: lostcock
Honest question about this statement as I read something similar from someone in the CDC.
If a mask will not stop you from breathing in airborne Covid-19 droplets, how in the heck will it stop your infected droplets from spreading after a cough or sneeze? The mask material doesn't perform better one direction than it does the other. Virus sized particulate is forced through the same material at a closer distance from your nose/mouth during that cough/sneeze. It's still airborne and the other person's mask obviously doesn't stop the particulate either. Virus sized particulate travels equally as easy through mask materials in both directions. It makes very little sense to me. The same CDC spokesperson says that masks are a reminder to maintain social distancing form others. I have no problem with that as when I see someone wearing a mask, I try to avoid them as well as others.
Well, the easy answer is suction versus blowing. It is more efficient to suck air through a filter than to blow air through a filter. When you breathe in, the filter catches less of the miscellaneous debris than it does when you breathe out. That's the short answer of why a mask stops more particles from getting out than in.

This has proven one thing to me, generally the people in the good ole US of A are the most selfish people on the face of the earth.

I've got zero problem wearing a mask. Only issue I've had is getting somewhere & remembering that I left it in another vehicle or in the house. That's caused a change of plans more than once.

Reactions: Gamecockdvw
This has proven one thing to me, generally the people in the good ole US of A are the most selfish people on the face of the earth.

This dawned on me when I was in Japan. A certain percentage of people were wearing masks, and I asked a guy if they were sick, or afraid of getting sick. He said it's common there to wear masks if they are feeling sick. And that was just regular flu stuff.

I kind of chuckled thinking Americans would never do that.

Also, their public bathrooms were really clean too.

Reactions: paladin181
I would love to see everybody that don't believe in masks helps get together and wear masks for a couple of weeks/month and when the numbers don't go down you can say I told you so. But if they do go down apologize for being a dummy.

Reactions: shiverz
With both parties wearing a mask there is better than 90% chance that neither will become infected.

CDC head says we need to all wear a mask. That should be enough for rational people.

I'm 75 and have a combination of asthma and COPD, plus type A blood. I can promise you I'm going to wear a mask and am not going to be around anyone who doesn't wear a mask. My wife does the majority of grocery shopping, although I do help at times.

I saw a 30 year old woman interviewed yesterday and she contracted the virus and she was asthmatic. It was three months ago that she tested positive for Covid-19 and she still has problems.

With both parties wearing a mask there is better than 90% chance that neither will become infected.

CDC head says we need to all wear a mask. That should be enough for rational people.
So what should a rational person have done when they first said we shouldn't wear a mask?

That is just plain ridiculous. The US has protected and fought for other nations giving their lives. Anytime there is a catastrophe, the US is there with food and supplies. Americans are the most giving people in the world.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT