ADVERTISEMENT

Why Easter Weekend for Spring Game?

"Why is it Easter weekend???"
"Why is it Masters weekend???"
"Why is it Final 4 weekend???"

It's symbolic.

It's also the resurrection of our football program. Maybe they could put a big rock in front of the tunnel, roll it to the side, and let Rattler run out with a beard. I bet that makes SportsCenter's Top 10, even with the Godless heathens at Disney calling the shots at ESPN.

Same person?
You are the only person to mention Beamer so far on this thread my friend…

I think most people with half a brain know that Beamer doesn’t schedule the spring game.

In no way was this on Beamer since we did this before he was here too. No clue why you had to get all defensive.

It’s the fact USC is losing significant amount of attendances at an event which could help recruiting is poorly thought out. They’ve placed it on a day that prevents anyone outside of 3 hour drive from attending is dumb. Like I said originally, I was hoping to take my family (4 kids under 8) there. No way I can do that with Easter being the next day. I just think it’s another example of missing an opportunity by USC to show the team and recruits the fan support.

In no way was this on Beamer since we did this before he was here too. No clue why you had to get all defensive.

It’s the fact USC is losing significant amount of attendances at an event which could help recruiting is poorly thought out. They’ve placed it on a day that prevents anyone outside of 3 hour drive from attending is dumb. Like I said originally, I was hoping to take my family (4 kids under 8) there. No way I can do that with Easter being the next day. I just think it’s another example of missing an opportunity by USC to show the team and recruits the fan support.
I don't think they will lose the "significant amount of attendance" that you think they will.

I doubt only a small percentage of regular season attendees come from beyond three hours away except for the opposing teams fans.

Didn't Carlen hold some spring games in May? Seems like I remember going to a couple of spring games in early May but can't remember for sure.

It's symbolic.

It's also the resurrection of our football program. Maybe they could put a big rock in front of the tunnel, roll it to the side, and let Rattler run out with a beard. I bet that makes SportsCenter's Top 10, even with the Godless heathens at Disney calling the shots at ESPN.
I really like this idea. Symbolism is so powerful right now; so powerful that the liberals at ESPN would have to acknowledge it. When all of the other big programs let a sick kid score a touchdown, we’ll use biblical symbolism. The recruits will really get behind this too!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT