ADVERTISEMENT

Why fire Roper?

breezcock803

Gold Member
Dec 16, 2010
I wanted to wait until today to say something bc i know the offensive performance Sat night was terrible. Trust me. I saw every bit of it. We were stagnant, vannilla, and sputtered the whole game. It was by far the worst game Roper has called here.
I don't think you can judge Roper play calling abilities until we added Jake at QB. Looking back at those games I don't feel like any of those contests warrent calling for his head. He certainly called a hell he'll of a game against South Florida didn't he? The offense looked pretty good weeks 1 and 2 right? Anyone disagree with That?
Ok, so we had a terrible night offensively. It's gonna happen every once in a while.
While I'm not defending the play calling against Kentucky... bc it wasn't great at all. This doesn't by any means warrent firing him and trying to find an OC mid season.

Look, this can't turn into muschamps Florida 2.0. We can't just fire our OC every year and think this is gonna work. We need to have some sort of continuity offensively for this to work long term.
Firing Roper and promoting Bobby Bentley is not the answer guys.
Let's get back on track against La. Tech and put some points up this weekend.

If we struggle to score and it's a close game then y'all can come back to this and I'll take my beatings. But until we start struggling every week like we did say night there isn't enough evidence yet to warrent firing the man. JMHO

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News