ADVERTISEMENT

Why i want muschamp to be successful at usc...

cockymom2boys

Dec 28, 2000
I really think Muschamp could be "our" coach. Holtz was great but everyone knew Notre Dame was his passion. Same thing with Spurrier and Florida. If Will can be successful at US of C , I don't see why he'd leave. He has a beautiful home on Lake Murray, we r in the SEC, and we r the school who gave him the 2nd chance to be a head coach. He works hard, he's a great recruiter, and he's young, so i think him succeeding at US of C, is a win-win.

I know year 4 didnt start out the way anyone wanted. But he is our coach so lets support him and the team.

GO COCKS!

We were the only one that would hire him for a head coaching job. Sure, I hope he wins big but there are some signs that he does not have the "it" factor. Just have to see what he does this season and next. After five years we will all know IMO . Meanwhile of course he deserves our support.

I think we all “hope” he is the guy. He’s young, works hard and has a great background in the sport. On paper he seems like a great fit for this university. I think some of us are are becoming less and less hopeful as what’s on the field often doesn’t match what is on paper.

I hope something clicks for him and the light bulb comes on and he figures out the missing factors. I really do. I'd love to finish the season knowing our team can play some games and he and his staff can exploit match-ups and confuse offenses with a little bit of defensive subterfuge. I'm sceptical, and I've been harsh on him, but I HONESTLY want what is best for this school and our football team. In that order. I just don't feel that Muschamp is the guy that will out coach a more talented team, or be creative enough to figure out some magic.

I could be wrong. And again, I hope something snaps into place for him and he starts getting it. Obviously, if any of us could do it, we would be for that kind of cash.

Not a gameday coach...only way to win is to get coaches that know more than him for oc and dc....not promote your buddies

Coach Muschamp WILL be successful and WILL be OUR coach forever.

Be patient friends. Bobby Bowden only had 2 10+ win seasons at in his first 4 years at FSU. Jimmy Johnson only had 3, 10+ win seasons in his first 4 years at Miami. Urban Meyer only had 2, 10+ win seasons and 2 National Championships at Florida in his first 4 years.

Let’s just be patient everyone!

Coach Muschamp WILL be successful and WILL be OUR coach forever.

Be patient friends. Bobby Bowden only had 2 10+ win seasons at in his first 4 years at FSU. Jimmy Johnson only had 3, 10+ win seasons in his first 4 years at Miami. Urban Meyer only had 2, 10+ win seasons and 2 National Championships at Florida in his first 4 years.

Let’s just be patient everyone!

maaaaan.

If a coach wants to win here there is no room for error. Absolutely none! Belief, heart, courage, teamwork, work ethic, coaching are musts every year. Our recruiting disadvantages (compared to our neighbors) and lack of tradition are huge obstacles every single year. You must...
be the best coach on the field every Saturday.
Develop your players better than other teams.
Find the guys in your state who can play, regardless of ratings.
Keep the best in state guys.
When less talent than your opponents is a given. More coaching talent is a must. Show that to me
because I haven’t seen it yet!

If a coach wants to win here there is no room for error. Absolutely none! Belief, heart, courage, teamwork, work ethic, coaching are musts every year. Our recruiting disadvantages (compared to our neighbors) and lack of tradition are huge obstacles every single year. You must...
When less talent than your opponents is a given. More coaching talent is a must. Show that to me
yall do realize that even when sos was winning 11 games here ,he had more talent than most everybody he played....when he didn't have that talent, which was more often than not, he wasn't winning 10 games either...so my point is, its more about jimmies and joes than X's and o's, as it has always been...do yall know anyone that will recruit better? because if not, we better give him some more time or yall will be bitchin about the next guy..now read that first sentence again.

Reactions: rogue cock
Might as well give up, because you never will. No coach in the history of football (or any sport) is or has been that perfect.

No true fan of any team wants the head coach to be unsuccessful. That would be stupid. But rational fans don't like pretending, either, as in pretending a person is performing better than he actually is. It insults everyone's intelligence.

Reactions: A_F_Deerhunter
I really think Muschamp could be "our" coach. Holtz was great but everyone knew Notre Dame was his passion. Same thing with Spurrier and Florida. If Will can be successful at US of C , I don't see why he'd leave. He has a beautiful home on Lake Murray, we r in the SEC, and we r the school who gave him the 2nd chance to be a head coach. He works hard, he's a great recruiter, and he's young, so i think him succeeding at US of C, is a win-win.

I know year 4 didnt start out the way anyone wanted. But he is our coach so lets support him and the team.

GO COCKS!

I think most Gamecock fans felt If Muschamp could learn from mistakes and win, he might be loyal to the team that gave him another chance. That was one of the only reasons the hire made sense. But then Tanner must have felt like he might leave because he gave him a $20 million buyout when nobody was exactly knocking down our door to steal him???

GO COCKS!

He has never been successful as a head coach. Just keep that in mind,

Reactions: A_F_Deerhunter

GO COCKS!

Of course it would be a win-win. You are so gosh darn positive and I bet a great Mom to boot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT