ADVERTISEMENT

Why in the world is FM and RT letting this basketball game go on tonight?

USC2USC

Aug 6, 2001
If Clempson refused to reschedule it, the game should be cancelled and then let them take the bad press for being chicken to reschedule and insisting on playing us with half the team out. This will be another loss to CU in a men's sport. People that have said these games cannot be postponed or rescheduled are wrong. Syracuse has already reschedule or postponed games vs Georgia Tech, Lehigh and Cornell.

I agree, if indeed Clemson has refused to reschedule, screw them. They won’t get bad press for it. Nobody will talk that angle.
it will give some of our guys good experience, but an L is an L and the committee won’t see it any different. I’d rather take the no contest and tell Clemson where they can stuff it!

If Clempson refused to reschedule it, the game should be cancelled and then let them take the bad press for being chicken to reschedule and insisting on playing us with half the team out. This will be another loss to CU in a men's sport. People that have said these games cannot be postponed or rescheduled are wrong. Syracuse has already reschedule or postponed games vs Georgia Tech, Lehigh and Cornell.
Nothing to lose and everything to win in the NET rankings playing a road Quad 1 game. Lose and the NET ranking still goes up.

Kids want to play. Wouldn’t you?

Another factor is that this is the exact court where we could have players getting into foul trouble, especially if they are having to play more minutes.

The timing really stinks but I'm glad they've decided to move forward with the game and life. These players have a far greater risk of being injured in a car crash than any complications from COVID. Logic over fear.

Reactions: Ratheolcoach
Memphis and Tennessee's game today was just postponed due to Covid.

Why did it seem everyone in the Carolina AD felt there was simply no option other than playing this ridiculous game and handing Clemson another mens sports victory over the Gamecocks?

I hope we have players that want to compete and believe they can compete. Hell, if I was on that team I’d want to play. I don’t get how this is so hard to understand. I guarantee you our guys want to play. Maybe somebody will step up given an unexpected opportunity.

If RT, FM, and the rest of our team are afraid to compete…screw all of ‘em.

Memphis and Tennessee's game today was just postponed due to Covid.

Why did it seem everyone in the Carolina AD felt there was simply no option other than playing this ridiculous game and handing Clemson another mens sports victory over the Gamecocks?
Hampton and Loyola Chicago both today postponing games due to COVID.

dayquil-cold-and-flu-12-l-oz-bottle-picture-id458588473

It's time to move on from COVID...
My cousin just spent 23 HOURS waiting in an ER for care on a broken hip. No pain meds. No nothing. For 23 HOURS. Because the entire ER staff was tied up with Covid patients. The healthcare system and anyone who needs critical medical care for stuff besides Covid can’t move on as long as waves of unvaccinated sick people take up all the beds and staff.

I'm surprised Clemson wants to risk having Covid spread to their team.
They have Tunnel Vision. All they care about is Winning for the Most part. Tater players play Injured. When their elite players go Pro they are So Beat Down they can't remain Healthy to be Effective.

Whatever it takes to win. I am a Gamecock Until I go to the Grave. But I do Envy their Commitment to Winning.

Reactions: jonesz21
This is easy to say if you haven't been impacted by a Family Member or Friend who died with it. This has nothing to do with politics.
It angers me that the Leaders of our Country made the VIRUS Political.

It always comes home when a family member dies with it.

With all respect it always comes home when a family member or friend dies from anything. We don't shut down the world however. People die. We all are going to die.

With all respect it always comes home when a family member or friend dies from anything. We don't shut down the world however. People die. We all are going to die.
This just went over your head. You missed this completely.
I would. BE willing to bet none of your family members died of the Virus. Some of you are insensitive. I also get tired of people Expressing their political views on a Sports Message Board.

I wish the Moderators would police this Crap.

No one is talking about Shutting the country down. We are discussing Why we should have Rescheduled the Game, because Covid had severely impacted/Reduced our Basketball Teams Roster and put us at a huge disadvantage in terms of Competing and having a chance to win the game.

Reactions: lostcock
This just went over your head. You missed this completely.
I would. BE willing to bet none of your family members died of the Virus. Some of you are insensitive. I also get tired of people Expressing their political views on a Sports Message Board.

I wish the Moderators would police this Crap.

Its not political and it didnt go over my head.
Its a virus. It makes people sick. It makes people die and doesn't pick political parties.
Not sure how you get political out of that.
As far as the moderators policing "crap" take a look at the unimformed pro vax crowd who consistently call out other posters with vulgarity and demeaning remarks and tell me who should be moderated.
If a vax or a mask saved other people's lives i would gladly do both. Sadly they dont.

No one is talking about Shutting the country down. We are discussing Why we should have Rescheduled the Game, because Covid had severely impacted/Reduced our Basketball Teams Roster and put us at a huge disadvantage in terms of Competing and having a chance to win the game.

Exactly.... we had a sufficient number of players sick to ask for the game to be rescheduled. If it were diarrhea or the flu or covid, it shouldn't matter. Problem is that evidently only covid matters
And yes we should have ask for a reschedule. Memphis did an hour before game time

Reactions: roosterbell
Because they don't give a SHIT! I'm sick of Frank Martin and Ray Tanner! Somebody Please tell me that they at least made some effort to contact Clempzin about the possibility of rescheduling. If not, both these clowns need to go!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT