ADVERTISEMENT

why Muschamps not right for SC

Ding ding ding. We have a winner...all except the Rich Rod part. Screw that noise.

Would rather have Riley all day...put points on the board and find an elite DC later.

We need to get that elite BUZZ going again...if we have to do it the PAC 12 way (See Chip Kelly - Oregon), I'm all for it.

If it's Muschamp, cool...but if I have a choice, it's not him...

If I was Pastides, I would be pissed off at Tanner for putting him (Pastides) in the uncomfortable position of supporting him in such a controversial hire. If Muschamp is hired and fails again, Pastides will shoulder the blame for promoting Tanner. Both Pastides and Tanner will have their necks on the line with Muschamp. When you hire someone at the same level where he failed before, and he fails again, the collateral damage is far and wide. I will say this: Muschamp is one slick talker to have convinced Tanner that the second time will be different. And Tanner is one fool to have fallen for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: robertfootball
The writer of this article mentioned Jeff Brohm. I've mentioned Brohm before. He is young, coached under Shnellenberger, Petrino and Zook (learning under a great coach, a great offensive mastermind and a great recruiter respectively). He has recruited throughout the southeast and is improving his recruiting from last year. He has won during his 2 years as a Head Coach (has his team playing for his conferences' championship this weekend.). Brohm would create his own dynasty here and grow with our program and own it. He would make his own legend here at South Carolina. He is everything we are looking for.

Reactions: Cock_Donor
The writer of this article mentioned Jeff Brohm. I've mentioned Brohm before. He is young, coached under Shnellenberger, Petrino and Zook (learning under a great coach, a great offensive mastermind and a great recruiter respectively). He has recruited throughout the southeast and is improving his recruiting from last year. He has won during his 2 years as a Head Coach (has his team playing for his conferences' championship this weekend.). Brohm would create his own dynasty here and grow with our program and own it. He would make his own legend here at South Carolina. He is everything we are looking for.

Our AD started out with this search looking through a key hole instead of opening a door. You can not begin a search that pretty much narrows the scope down to a quarter of what is available. IMO RT showed his inexperience and set up this dumpster fire. That is why programs go after actual professionals to do this job instead of looking over to the soccer fields and plucking "Good Ole Charlie" to fill the spot. It is a plumb gig until the job actually requires competence.

BTW Pastides should be on the hook also...this is ultimately his doing.

Reactions: Cock_Donor
The Muschamp hire will be the biggest mistake since getting out of the ACC. The SEC rescued us from oblivion. Who will save us after the coming Muschamp debacle? Muschamp is playing Tanner, and Pastides through Tanner, as chumps. This will empty Tanners bottle of good will.

The Muschamp hire will be the biggest mistake since getting out of the ACC. The SEC rescued us from oblivion. Who will save us after the coming Muschamp debacle? Muschamp is playing Tanner, and Pastides through Tanner, as chumps. This will empty Tanners bottle of good will.

And you know this how?

Yes.

Would rather have Riley all day...put points on the board and find an elite DC later.

We need to get that elite BUZZ going again...if we have to do it the PAC 12 way (See Chip Kelly - Oregon), I'm all for it.

If it's Muschamp, cool...but if I have a choice, it's not him...

Been saying for a couple years now that South Carolina should follow the Oregon or Baylor model. Unless you have a true legendary coach like Spurrier heading up the program, you can't realistically expect to beat the bluebloods of the SEC simply by emulating them. A program like South Carolina should be trying to differentiate itself. A Muschamp hire is indeed lazy and lacks vision.

If a guy like Riley makes you nervous because of his age and lack of HC experience, then what about someone like Jeff Brohm? There are other options out there too.

In fact, why is no one pursuing Mike Leach? He hugely over-achieved at Texas Tech, he now has even lowly Wash St winning, and the Adam James controversy is both ancient history and a total railroad job to begin with. If USC can live with Muschamp's frequent and repeated sideline tirades, you'd think they could overlook this one incident in Leach's past. There's been no controversy with him before or since and he is an outstanding coach who has an incredible knack for hiring great assistants and would create a distinct, air raid identity for USC that would make the program stand out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT