ADVERTISEMENT

Why was Morgan moved to opening game...

mdsalt2004

Jun 1, 2006
Of each series?? Stupid move, we have scored 13 runs in 5 gsmes on opening games before tonight. Keep him in 2nd game slot so we have a chance at that game. Wasting him in my opinion. We aren't winning any opening night games, as we don't score enough vs other team's ace.

Reactions: Lakecock1
I can only think that since he's our only reliable starting pitcher in the weekend rotation, we are trying to get that Friday (or Thursday) win and put pressure on the other teams to come from behind to win the series for a change.

Whatever the reason, we seem to be putting too much pressure on Morgan to get desperately needed wins.

Reactions: GeoCocky
I kinda thought Berryhill (Catcher) thrown out stealing, and then we go down looking with the bat on our shoulder was a defining low point.

Because you want to go with your best arm to open a series.
Not always true. We have no true ace this year, so you need to coach to help the team win. If we are going to average 2 runs on friday, why waste your best pitcher who will most likely give up 2 or 3 before the bullpen comes in and gives up a couple more against a losing effort. Throw every bullpen pitcher 1 inning friday. Maybe u steal a win and have your best starter go saturday and the whole pen is still available.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT