ADVERTISEMENT

Why we are soooo bad

southflcock

Nov 6, 2001
I agree with what most people are saying about the state of the football program. These are my thoughts. Golf is more important to the OBC than recruiting. He gives that very important task to his son who ignores the team's lack of talent and depth in certain areas, i.e. wide receivers and defensive players, then they try to make up for recruiting errors with juco transfers. Why hasn't Carolina recruited more than 1 wide out taller than 6 feet? Then you look at the defensive schemes they are playing...they just aren't working and either are the week to week tweeks. IMO the whole coaching staff minus the OBC needs to be scrapped and Spurrier needs to hire a head coach in waiting then gracefully retire in a year or so. I thought we were set with running backs and especially with starting a running QB...but that hasn't worked has it? We recruit all those players that no one else wants. How can you compete in the SEC with 2-3 star players? Those juco transfers haven't lived up to that hype either. I see only 2 more wins with this team. Scrap everything and restart that's the only hope

Rinse, cycle, repeat. There are literally dozens of threads over the last two weeks asking the same questions over and over and over. The bottom line is our coaching staff sucks as a whole, our recruiting sucks for the most part, and if Tanner doesn't step in and do something after this season, we will be asking these same questions again next year. The reality is there is no quick fix to the situation we find ourselves in, unfortunately.

We are in a big Catch 22 now. Cupboard is bare now. Coach leaves, recruiting suffers (and our current list ain't nothing to shake a stick at).

Only way to right the ship is to somehow get Spurrier to announce retirement now (so current commits can make up their minds) and get a H-U-G-E coach on the hook right at the end of the season. The opportunity for early playing time with a great coach, in great facilities could NOT hurt our recruiting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT