ADVERTISEMENT

Will Elko be at Duke next season?

FCB 2013 treble

Dec 14, 2016
If Duke has another decent season Elko should jump ship and be the head coach in the SEC or Big Ten. Who knows what is going to happen to the ACC so the time is now to leave. I think Jimbo Fisher should be concerned if Texas AM has another average or below average season. Fisher could be relieved and Elko could be at College Station.

How about no. Not everyone is chasing bigger and better. Duke is a great school and he can stay there as long as he wants with wins like that. And have access to the best medical care in the world.

I don’t see Elko at Texas A & M, but I do see him in line for a bigger gig. What he’s done has earned him a shot at a place with more resources

Reactions: FCB 2013 treble
Jimbo's buyout this year is $76.8 million. 😂

That's a lot of crab legs.

I have no idea why teams box themselves in like this. Incredible.

You're really trusting someone is going to perform for pride's stake.

Jimbo doesn't strike me as a guy who cares that deeply.

The way Jimbo's Florida State team had his last two seasons in Tallahassee did not warrant a big contract that Texas A&M authorized. Jimbo has capatilized off of Saban's name.

Jimbo's last two seasons at Florida State

10-3 (not bad, but did have three conference losses)
5-6 ( Direction of program headed in negative direction and the seasons after that was not good)

Reactions: Ward Jr
Do you think “Oil Guys” and ATM care about money? Especially when Texas is coming into the SEC? That buyout is chump change….

Yep. The pain of this Jimbo-size buyout to A&M is about the equivalent of a Muschamp-size buyout to USC.

If he stays above .500 this season, they'll probably go one more year if the oil ilk don't demand they yank him.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Yep. The pain of this Jimbo-size buyout to A&M is about the equivalent of a Muschamp-size buyout to USC.

If he stays above .500 this season, they'll probably go one more year if the oil ilk don't demand they yank him.
You get it. With Bobby Petrino on board they will show enough improvement to keep Jimbo at least one more year.

Reactions: Ward Jr
How about no. Not everyone is chasing bigger and better. Duke is a great school and he can stay there as long as he wants with wins like that. And have access to the best medical care in the world.
Who knows what motivates him. If he is like most of us, money is important. Mike's salary at Duke is 1.8 million. He could jump ship to a bigger program. Earn several millions more a year, and have the best medical care and everything else.

You get it. With Bobby Petrino on board they will show enough improvement to keep Jimbo at least one more year.
Jimbo has a huge buyout in his contract. It would have cost A&M about 90 million to get rid of him last year. It probably will cost them at least 75 million to fire him this season. Jimbo is already rich. If A&M deposited an extra 75 million into his bank account Jimbo probably walks away with a huge smile on his face.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Jimbo has a huge buyout in his contract. It would have cost A&M about 90 million to get rid of him last year. It probably will cost them at least 75 million to fire him this season. Jimbo is already rich. If A&M deposited an extra 75 million into his bank account Jimbo probably walks away with a huge smile on his face.
Yep. I know the Aggies have deep oil money, but that’s going to likely keep Jimbo around another few seasons. Makes the Muschamp contract look like a drop in the bucket. Not really sure why they would take this much money and invest it in a coach that was already struggling at FSU, but to each their own.

Reactions: DarkHorse2001

They aren't boxed in. In that situation, WE would be boxed in. Most people would be boxed in. They aren't boxed in. Their position is wasteful and foolish, but they have the wherewithal to do whatever they need to do whenever they feel compelled to do it.

The last person to do this type stuff at Duke name was Spurrier. I say if Beamer teams are still struggling in another year or so with the whole No OLINE. No DLine. No RB and no WR. Then Tanner needs to start flirting with this guy now to have a head start with him.

Last edited:
The last person to do this type stuff at Duke name was Spurrier. I say if Beamer teams are still struggling in another year or so with the whole No OLINE. No DLine. No RB and no WR. Then Tanner needs to start flirting with this guy now to have a head start with him.
Hmm, Interesting take.

tenor.gif

JImbo is wearing golden handcuffs. HIs buyout is 2023: 76.8 Million, 2024 67.55 million, 2025: 58.2 million
Just don't see him getting fired anytime soon
They wish they could, but with those numbers it just isn't feasible and everyone in Texas knows it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT