ADVERTISEMENT

Will Muschamp out at South Carolina

source.gif

People will be jubilant, and it had to be done. But whenever so much is invested in a coach, both in terms of money, time, and hope, events of this kind should be met with sadness and gravity. This is not an occasion for celebration but for regret. So now we move on. God bless Gamecock Nation.
Met this with a stiff drink and a fat steak...no regret or sadness, that’s for the weak at heart.

People will be jubilant, and it had to be done. But whenever so much is invested in a coach, both in terms of money, time, and hope, events of this kind should be met with sadness and gravity. This is not an occasion for celebration but for regret. So now we move on. God bless Gamecock Nation.
Sentiment received, however every extra minute with the current staff was to the program's detriment.

Is this for real? The man was paid 10’s of millions, don’t cry for him.

W
[/QUOTE
Well said

Reactions: rogue cock

I understand your point but that man has caused me so much sadness over the last 5 years; I’m ecstatic. I don’t think he’s a bad guy, just not a winning coach and frankly, that’s all I care about. Just win baby.

I endured enough sadness and gravity after all the losses, so I will savor tonight, thank you very much.

And I wasn't even a rabid Muschamp hater, but a fresh start, it's cathartic.

It may be true that an albatross has been lifted but wrong guy , wrong place, wrong time is a fault of both parties, if there is a true blame to be placed. I still feel for the guy, because he didn't come to south carolina to be fired, but it is hard to feel too much sympathy for too long when you think about how much money he has made and will make from south carolina alone.

Reactions: The Gadfly
It may be true that an albatross has been lifted but wrong guy , wrong place, wrong time is a fault of both parties, if there is a true blame to be placed. I still feel for the guy, because he didn't come to south carolina to be fired, but it is hard to feel too much sympathy for too long when you think about how much money he has made and will make from south carolina alone.
My appeal for gravitas extends beyond "the guy".

Reactions: purenonsense
People will be jubilant, and it had to be done. But whenever so much is invested in a coach, both in terms of money, time, and hope, events of this kind should be met with sadness and gravity. This is not an occasion for celebration but for regret. So now we move on. God bless Gamecock
Nation.

Well said king !! Wish Will and his 13 million nothing but the best as long as I never see him on a SEC sideline again . More power to him .

I read a quote by Caslen which said the search for a new coach starts today. I hope that is a bad quote and is far from the truth. Although, if it means Ray is not involved maybe it’s not as bad as I thought.

Reactions: 92Pony
I read a quote by Caslen which said the search for a new coach starts today. I hope that is a bad quote and is far from the truth. Although, if it means Ray is not involved maybe it’s not as bad as I thought.
When would you rather start the search?

This will be a complete rebuild and will likely take 2 to 3 years before .500 is even in the viewing window.

I hate seeing someone fail/get fired. On the other hand being fired also means he gets how many millions of dollars? Mr. Muschamp is set for life as long as he doesn’t spend it all on booze and strippers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT