ADVERTISEMENT

Will South Carolina be looking into the mirror this Saturday?

FCB 2013 treble

Dec 14, 2016
In my opinion South Carolina and Missouri resemble each other with a good defense and an offense that struggles at times. I believe Missouri may be leading at the half, but South Carolina offense does just enough to win the game in the second half.

On paper, we're pretty evenly matched. I'm glad this one is at home. Traveling across country to play a football game can be challenging. It's obviously far different than UGA loading up on a bus and bringing half of their fanbase in tow. Hopefully the home field advantage will help tilt the scale a bit.

This feels like one of those games we are destined to lose because we believe our own hype. Big emotional first win over team we've never beaten, newly Top 25 ranking, 4 win streak, at home, favored......just seems like a disaster waiting to happen. Hope I'm wrong.
I hope you're wrong also.

Their QB does not play well on the road. Our fans can be a factor. I look for our DL to force some turnovers.

This feels like one of those games we are destined to lose because we believe our own hype. Big emotional first win over team we've never beaten, newly Top 25 ranking, 4 win streak, at home, favored......just seems like a disaster waiting to happen. Hope I'm wrong.
Agree —turnovers will dictate the outcome of this game.

In my opinion South Carolina and Missouri resemble each other with a good defense and an offense that struggles at times. I believe Missouri may be leading at the half, but South Carolina offense does just enough to win the game in the second half.
The ESPN + take, with which I agree.
Missouri at No. 25 South Carolina (4 p.m., SECN/ESPN app). South Carolina's "jump out to a huge lead with special teams and turnovers, then hold on for dear life" recipe, deployed effectively against Texas A&M last week, isn't the most sustainable approach in the world. But while Mizzou's defense could control the line of scrimmage and limit the Gamecocks' attack, you still have to score points to win. The Tigers aren't very good at that. Current line: Gamecocks -4.0 (down from -5.5 on Sunday) | SP+ projection: Gamecocks by 6.9 | FPI projection: Gamecocks by 6.5.

I feel the same. If this turns out not to be the case, I'll fully credit coaching. Imo, it may be the biggest obstacle they'll need to overcome. Hope they know this has been a problem before.

Would feel better about this game had SC scored a late TD on A$M. Offense has got to give the defense more time on the sidelines. They don't have to score every drive but at least have some sustained drives.
My biggest concern. Our offense has not broken through. Any claims to the contrary are fanciful at best. Maybe it will happen tomorrow. It's hard to find offense with the same personnel in the middle of the season, or anything else, for that matter. There's a corner out there we need to turn.

Reactions: Lurker123
I wouldn't wager money on this game if St. Jude gave me the final score prior to kickoff.

But, I will predict that this game will be decided late in the game (not necessarily on the last play) by some weird, off-the-wall play, i.e. a blocked punt/field goal returned for a TD, a fumble recovery for a TD, a 90+ yard interception, onside kick returned for a TD, a fumble recovered at the goal line by the defense. an out-of-bounds fumble in the end zone, a missed PAT, a short gimme field goal hitting the up upright ..... Something strange, the kind of thing that makes a good man take the name of the Lord in vain

Reactions: Jbouton2
Yes. This is going to be a very ugly and low scoring game imo. Field goal kickers worth gold in this one.

My biggest concern. Our offense has not broken through. Any claims to the contrary are fanciful at best. Maybe it will happen tomorrow. It's hard to find offense with the same personnel in the middle of the season, or anything else, for that matter. There's a corner out there we need to turn.
Well, we even went backwards today.

Reactions: Gamecock Jacque
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT