ADVERTISEMENT

Will the Refs give the game to UVA over Texas Tech?

Given the opportunity, yes. Agree. Go TT!
Why does USC lag so far behind UF and UGA academically, and even farther behind UNC and UVA. I would welcome thoughtful insight into this issue, and not lashing out based on bigotry, jealously, and feelings of inferiority.

Why does USC lag so far behind UF and UGA academically, and even farther behind UNC and UVA. I would welcome thoughtful insight into this issue, and not lashing out based on bigotry, jealously, and feelings of inferiority.
I suggest one reason is the interface those states have had for various reasons with more progressive Northern states.

UNC? Academics? Is this a serious question?

Yes they been highly rated, but now that the veil has been lifted on what “The Carolina Way” really means, that institution never again gets to claim academic superiority over any school. They must wear a scarlet “F” on their baby blue sweaters henceforth. F = Fraud

UVA has been lucky and gotten a break or two, no doubt. But if, either, Auburn or Purdue hit the second end at the stripe UVA is likely gone.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
UVA has been lucky and gotten a break or two, no doubt. But if, either, Auburn or Purdue hit the second end at the stripe UVA is likely gone.

Oregon not being able to throw the ball into the ocean over the last 8 minutes of the regional semi-final helped as well. They better win it all and take advantage because this is one of the luckiest title runs I've ever seen.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2

UNC's academic reputation was debunked by the fake classes that all its graduates took advantage of. So I would value a USC degree over anything handed out in Chapel Hill since the 80s.

Reactions: Superior7
Its crazy. For years I've been hearing about Virginia is the #1 team, Virginia this and Virginia that. This mofo's have never made it to FF or championship game until now, and the refs had to help them get there. Seem's slightly over hyped - especially after what happened in the 1st round last year.

Go Texas Tech. Beat them with a double digit score so that they still lose no matter how much the refs interfere.

They can matter, Early foul trouble on Texas Tech is inevitable..
No - you see the difference between USC and TT is that TT is aggressive but disciplined on defense - we are not. They had clean blocks in the game against MSU...we would just maul the shooter. There is a difference, and the refs have a job to do...

Last edited:
Reactions: Jpcooper
Thanks for giving me such a chuckle.. the whining and conspiracy thoughts about the refs preferring a ACC win tonight is laughable..

If Virginia does win, i cant wait to return to hear all the whining continue

Reactions: king ward
I picked Texas Tech to win the whole thing in the beginning of the bracket and still think they will. Refs always have an effect on games but its the players that either make the plays or not. All the whining on this or any other board will not have any effect except on the poor miserable souls doing the whining. It refs were so favorable to the ACC, please tell me where are Duke and UNC hanging around right now?

If the NCAA were choreographing the tournament they would not have these two relative unknowns playing in the final with much poorer money coming in than if Zion or UNC or Tom Izzo were there. If you have to use that kind of excuse for losing a game of basketball, you have a lifetime of grief to look forward to. I think the refs were correct in all the game ending critical calls so far. Maybe they should have been more consistent, but that has always been a problem and will not change as long as we have humans doing the job.

Think about what the games would be like if the players took time to fret about a bad call like so many fans do.

hahahaha great calls so far in here. 3x more fouls 2x more ft's even though more than 50% of shots coming from 3.

I hope so. Been a Virginia fan for over 35 years, and they’ve been as “chicken cursed”, and been the victim of crap calls as much as we have. If it changes 1x, good, there won’t be an asterisk beside it

If you think Jim Nantz was rooting for UVA you weren't paying attention. He kept exclaiming "No foul . . . .?" whenever UVA made a good defensive play. And it was more than just that. I think it's safe to say that Nantz is a Duke/UNC fan, not an ACC fan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT