ADVERTISEMENT

Will we hear about a Dec 1 game this week?

ExpatCarolinian

Jul 25, 2016
We may need it for bowl eligibility. Just checked and Marshall is 1-0 in C-USA play, so still in play for their championship game.

Needs to be an FBS team since we already have an FCS team on the schedule.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
We may need it for bowl eligibility. Just checked and Marshall is 1-0 in C-USA play, so still in play for their championship game.

Why put us through another painful experience. Let’s take our annual azz whoppin by CleMson and call it a season

3 SEC games and we are out of the east title chase. But I dont know if the SEC will let us put a game on DEC 1 right now.

Reactions: Pole
Guarantee you that behind the scenes they are desperately searching for some D1 punching bag that they can pay enough to come to Columbia to take a beating. Fan base is desperate enough. Last thing they need is to not be bowl eligible for a bowl because they were one win short

Reactions: Zann77
Guarantee you that behind the scenes they are desperately searching for some D1 punching bag that they can pay enough to come to Columbia to take a beating. Fan base is desperate enough. Last thing they need is to not be bowl eligible for a bowl because they were one win short
Yep, and after we get stomped by the taters. There wont be 50,000 at the stadium.

So.....Coach Tanner said last week we were holding that date open hoping "we might be playing in Atlanta that week".....Newsflash: we don't have that problem to worry about any more. Now it looks like we probably need to keep that date open because we won't be going to a bowl anyway. Let's just get the season over with. We probably couldn't get our stadium half full for a Dec 1 game. Let's get a refund for those Marshall tickets.

Reactions: Zann77
Yep, and after we get stomped by the taters. There wont be 50,000 at the stadium.
bingo We have a winner.

Reactions: Brace1
Does Muschamp's contract contain incentive bonuses for winning 6 games and going to a bowl? Gamecock fans surely don't care anything about a 12th game against a punching bag team, played a week after Clemson hangs 50 on us. So who does?

Reactions: Pole
Does Muschamp's contract contain incentive bonuses for winning 6 games and going to a bowl? Gamecock fans surely don't care anything about a 12th game against a punching bag team, played a week after Clemson hangs 50 on us. So who does?
If we have to play a 12th game to get to 6 wins. We HAVE to do it.

Old Dominion?

Waited all year for football and were already miserable. God why did I have to be born a Gamecock?

Even if it is the weed eater bowl or we end up back in Birmingham in December, it is still a bowl game. Helps in recruiting to say we’ve been in 3 straight bowl games. And yes, extra practice is important.

Maybe attendance would be helped if it was not televised. I doubt the SEC would want us competing with Atlanta that day anyway.

Reactions: SumterGamecockGuy
Where is the 6th win going to come from? We've only won 2. Count UT-Chattanooga and still the December game and we are short. Don't say Tennessee, they would have beaten us last night.

Where is the 6th win going to come from? We've only won 2. Count UT-Chattanooga and still the December game and we are short. Don't say Tennessee, they would have beaten us last night.

We can still beat Tennessee. Yes, I suppose we could lose to them as well.

Maybe Ole Miss? Mizzou?

RT might actually realize things are not going well for football if we don't go to a bowl, since bowl eligibility is the only measure he seems to care about.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Old Dominion?

Waited all year for football and were already miserable. God why did I have to be born a Gamecock?
well said...I can remember going to W/B and rooting for fla state. My brother turned me into a gamecock fan. I may never forgive him.

No. I think all the high schools will still be busy.

USC football > high school football. The stadium belongs to the university, not the SCHSL.

Very sure Muschamp will be pushing for it. He knows what the opportunity for a 6th win will mean for his program, even if fans are pissed today after the KY debacle.

And optimistically, let’s say we get the 6th win well before Dec 1, we would still need the win to move up the bowl pecking order. Maybe could be the difference between Birmingham and Charlotte. Or dare we dream, Florida.

Still a lot of football to play.

Reactions: Golden Cock
USC football > high school football. The stadium belongs to the university, not the SCHSL.

Very sure Muschamp will be pushing for it. He knows what the opportunity for a 6th win will mean for his program, even if fans are pissed today after the KY debacle.

And optimistically, let’s say we get the 6th win well before Dec 1, we would still need the win to move up the bowl pecking order. Maybe could be the difference between Birmingham and Charlotte. Or dare we dream, Florida.

Still a lot of football to play.
Thought someone said that the High Schools has pushed the completion of the season back one week due to Hurricane.

Reactions: jeff2001
So.....Coach Tanner said last week we were holding that date open hoping "we might be playing in Atlanta that week".....Newsflash: we don't have that problem to worry about any more. Now it looks like we probably need to keep that date open because we won't be going to a bowl anyway. Let's just get the season over with. We probably couldn't get our stadium half full for a Dec 1 game. Let's get a refund for those Marshall tickets.

Playing in Atlanta? Hell they might schedule GA Tech

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
As far as the needed 12th game, I suppose the only upside to the when deal would be the extra practices. I really can't see the fan base being the least bit excited about playing in some jack leg bowl in around Christmas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT