ADVERTISEMENT

With MLB threatening to shutdown their season, that just got started, does anyone believe there will

Freddie.B.Cocky

Jul 19, 2002
a fall college football season? As I've said before, one minute I think there will be a college season and the next minute I don't think there will be one. And the sad part is, I don't really care if there is one or not.

Won’t be shocked if we don’t play. As of now I think it’ll kick off. But we start at the end of September so I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if it’s all shut down before we play a game.

while I lean toward football happening, I’d say it’s a small lean. I’m not allowing myself to get excited about it.

The NFL will have a season. Not sure it’ll end either, but it will at least start. I still believe there is too much money at stake for even baseball to shut down. It might, but the money is the only thing keeping it going. While the college game is about money as well these days, they are student athletes. The universities are too PC to allow some huge outbreak. Which is kind of ironic that the culture they are somewhat responsible for might be exactly what shuts many of them down.

Won’t be shocked if we don’t play. As of now I think it’ll kick off. But we start at the end of September so I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if it’s all shut down before we play a game.

while I lean toward football happening, I’d say it’s a small lean. I’m not allowing myself to get excited about it.

The NFL will have a season. Not sure it’ll end either, but it will at least start. I still believe there is too much money at stake for even baseball to shut down. It might, but the money is the only thing keeping it going. While the college game is about money as well these days, they are student athletes. The universities are too PC to allow some huge outbreak. Which is kind of ironic that the culture they are somewhat responsible for might be exactly what shuts many of them down.

As I heard someone say the other day, I think the commissioners of the Power 5 Conferences will kick the can down the road until there are no more cans to kick and there are no more roads to kick the cans down.

The opening of MLB is already unraveling and they are not 1 week in. It is rapidly becoming a PR nightmare. I seriously doubt any P5 commissioners want to be in the same position.
Unless there is a HUGE trajectory downward in cases, my belief there will not be a season. Full disclosure, for some time now I have believed there will not be a fall 2020 season.

MLB has more money and more safe measures in place. Football is hands on and contact is happening on every play. We will never see college football this year. The only thing that will put all sports back in play is a vaccine next spring.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
I just can't see fall football this year. It's just too hard to keep those student-athletes in a bubble.

Miami was careless, that really hurt MLB. I think a season is possible but to me 10 games is a stretch. I understand trying to maximize TV and such but that is a lot of games.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
This is why I didn’t get too bent out of shape about the Clemson game. If no games are played, technically it’s still uninterrupted.

This moving games and changing schedules is a hope and a prayer. All it would take is a couple of cases within a conference and it would be difficult to play a season. It’s not as easy to cancel and make up college football games as it is MLB.

It is one thing to try and utilize safety protocols in a controlled practice environment but a completely different set of circumstances in a game environment. Not sure My Carolina will actually allow classes to resume on campus. I think more things point toward no football this fall.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT