ADVERTISEMENT

With the collapse of Florida, maybe Spurrier can return to USC & work for Shane

It would have been great to have him as an OC. No problem recruiting duties. Just teach and call plays. Have an up-and-comer to shadow him with the expectation to get 4 years out of Spurrier so he can train the up-and-comer.

Was never gonna happen, but would have been great.

It would have been great to have him as an OC. No problem recruiting duties. Just teach and call plays. Have an up-and-comer to shadow him with the expectation to get 4 years out of Spurrier so he can train the up-and-comer.

Sounds great....but don't know if you can teach those inherent instincts that coaches like he and Cutcliffe have regarding play calling. Learning the system is one thing....learning the art is another.

When something deflates, it typically collapses. Florida can be reinflated. It requires the right coach - just as with anyplace else that otherwise has resources.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
When something deflates, it typically collapses. Florida can be reinflated. It requires the right coach - just as with anyplace else that otherwise has resources.
Basically it just requires literally buying the players if they want to win. A handful of rich fans can turn the tide for any program.

I love SOS so much. As a Carolina fan, but young fellow interested in football....I fully digested his playbook and style while he was at Duke. I was one that knew he would set the SEC on fire immediately....I didn’t think it would carry over to such a national influence...who could’ve imagined?
that said....and as great as he was helping change the college offensive game in a lot of ways- offensive guys have used his stuff and are well past that now. Many systems and off. Philosophies/game plans have made regular use of a lot of what he did- and now they’ve built on that. Everybody copied lavell Edwards and bill walsh concepts, and at one time they took SOS’ as well. All his stuff is just part of the normal pass & offensive game these days. There ARE innovative guys out there. Is though (like SOS was in the late 80s /early 90s)

Reactions: rogue cock

You know Spurrier would tab Junior or Scotty as his understudy.

Basically it just requires literally buying the players if they want to win. A handful of rich fans can turn the tide for any program.

Unfortunately, we have too many well-heeled (filthy rich) alums/supporters who are more concerned with how and when they get their arses kissed and by whom. Sad, but true - class doesn't seem to be a prevalent characteristic among that group.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT