ADVERTISEMENT

Wolf officially coming back.....

....the truth hurts those who are blind and always wear their garnet glasses

Awesome...a shitty oline coach coming back...guess we will be lil bro long term

It's a good hire. It's not a homerun but it's also not a wtf hire like the last guy we brought in here.

Uh, he was fired. Two years later Pelion had them in the FCS Championship Game. Not that being a head coach has much in common with being an offensive line coach.
You know I can name many sought after coordinators and head coaches who made the jump somewhere and it didn't work out. EllisJohnson for one, Nick Saban at Miami, Weiss at ND. For all the talk in here he was the crown jewel. We are not getting Bamas OL Coach. The guy is young and can recruit. He other option was someone who was retiring. The only other coach I wish we could have back is Brad Lawing. Evidently he pissed off someone fierce in Columbia.

....the truth hurts those who are blind and always wear their garnet glasses
You contradict yourself everyday.lol You bash those of us who don't wear garner colored glasses and tell it like it is, then today you come on here and bash people for wearing garner colored glasses.

JESUS CHRIST HIRED AS GAMECOCK OL COACH

FGF members are ambivalent

Atlanta Cock says "I know our kids will be coached perfectly, but I just don't see him instilling a nasty streak that will help us compete against SEC defenses."

Bosoxcock says "the kids love him but historically his lines have been soft and turned the other cheek."

Robertfootball says "Helluva recruiter but only so so as a technical teacher."

Lawcalcock says "when are we going to stop copying tater tech. Isn't Jesus already the head coach up there?"

Winloseortie says, "there is no bigger name out there but good Lord it's been like 2000 years since he did anything and didn't the Romans fire him from his last job?"

Last edited:
......another moronic post!!
agreed...that is sooo stupid...If you are willing to pay, you are in a position to hire the best...USC seems to be unwilling to stretch the pay scale for non coordinator hires...Considering our results on the field i would like to see that change

Awesome...a shitty oline coach coming back...guess we will be lil bro long term

Wolford has never lost to Clem.

Atlanta Cock says "I know our kids will be coached perfectly, but I just don't see him instilling a nasty streak that will help us compete against SEC defenses."

Bosoxcock says "the kids love him but historically his lines have been soft and turned the other cheek."

Lawcalcock says "when are we going to stop copying tater tech. Isn't Jesus already the head coach up there?"

POST OF THE MONTH! A shoe in.

Reactions: joplin gamecock1

send me your address and i'll mail you 100.00 if you can find me saying what you typed...

I'm flabbergasted at people not liking this possible hire. Wolford is VERY good. He was here 1 season, hardly enough time to make much of an impact with what he inherited.
I'm not disliking the potential hire. I was commenting upon the blind allegiance by some posters around here. I no longer (if I ever did) "trust the coaches" in response to every single decision they make. As far as Wolford is concerned, I recall he came in to great fanfare following Hunt. But, he only stayed one year.

agreed...that is sooo stupid...If you are willing to pay, you are in a position to hire the best...USC seems to be unwilling to stretch the pay scale for non coordinator hires...Considering our results on the field i would like to see that change

pay?...do you know what Elliott was making....try another reason

Reactions: DarkCock
I'm flabbergasted at people not liking this possible hire. Wolford is VERY good. He was here 1 season, hardly enough time to make much of an impact with what he inherited.

most are dumbass clemson fans...they are the last fanbase to still pose as fans of opposing teams....its bizarre......and yes....its normal to grope college kids balls....ask anyone

this is a great hire.....i hated losing him

Wow, so just about everyone here had him on their wishlist over the past several weeks, but now that it looks like we're getting him he's suddenly a sub-par hire that we're settling on because we suck and can't expect to lure anyone good.

Don't you go-a-changin' FGF.

Reactions: Pruittmatt44
Why not? Money talks more than anything. That's how the Clemmons got their assistants. A lot of people talk like our program is non redeemable.
Whether you remember or not, the college football world was NOT coveting Clemson's assistants when they hired them....actually still aren't since you never hear their names come up for open positions.

Reactions: DirtyCock99
When SC football hires anyone, its a "crapshoot"...high profile coaches aren't beating the door down to become a part of this program...that's hard for some on here to accept

When SC football hires anyone, its a "crapshoot"...high profile coaches aren't beating the door down to become a part of this program...that's hard for some on here to accept
Depends on who you consider "high profile".

Okay hotshot why don't you tell us who did and did not contact Muschamp with interest in the job? You don't know jack about who wants to come here and who doesn't ..You don't know that Wolford is not the best Oline coach in college ball...All i know is he is better than Elliott...We'll see how much better the next couple of years...For all you know this could be a home run hire...Some of you know it alls beefed when he hired Bobby Bentley..That looks to be a genius hire...

Reactions: bmhood1984
In defense of some folks, a lot of us feel like we are waaaayyy behind most of our competitors so anything less than a home run means status quo or worse, falling further behind. Who knows?

In defense of some folks, a lot of us feel like we are waaaayyy behind most of our competitors so anything less than a home run means status quo or worse, falling further behind. Who knows?
What I'm trying to figure out is who everyone thinks would be a "home-run" hire? The only name I heard mentioned that other teams mention (for a HC) is Cristobal at Bama. While he is a great recruiter, I remember a LOT of criticisms of his OLs during his tenure at Miami. Seems to be more of a recruiter than coach. No one else seems to be any more "high profile" than Wolford.

Its not a question of a " home run"...when you're SC now....you take a chance and hire the best available

SOS type circumstances rarely fall into your lap

What I'm trying to figure out is who everyone thinks would be a "home-run" hire? The only name I heard mentioned that other teams mention (for a HC) is Cristobal at Bama. While he is a great recruiter, I remember a LOT of criticisms of his OLs during his tenure at Miami. Seems to be more of a recruiter than coach. No one else seems to be any more "high profile" than Wolford.

For SC at this time in history, you are correct

you either have the "jimmies and the joes" or you don't ...coaching is not rocket science....you can be the same guy and be a bad OL coach at Miami when the program is struggling or a great OL coach at Bama

you either have the "jimmies and the joes" or you don't ...coaching is not rocket science....you can be the same guy and be a bad OL coach at Miami when the program is struggling or a great OL coach at Bama
Really, explain Lawing. Poor recruiter (even cost us a recruit), great teacher and evaluator. Other than Clowney, didn't have a lot of big time recruits....he developed them.

Really...you may want to take another look. Taylor was a 2 star when he found him. Norwood a 3 star. The Brinkley brothers...one was fairly highly rated, the other not. Ingram was a 4 star LB that he turned into a DE/DT. John Abraham was another 2 star, C. Miller a 3 star. Other than Clowney, T Rob would he his highest rated recruit....turned him from a DE to a DT. Forgot the name of the two Alabama brothers that he coached up to be good college defensive linemen.

most are dumbass clemson fans...they are the last fanbase to still pose as fans of opposing teams....its bizarre......and yes....its normal to grope college kids balls....ask anyone

this is a great hire.....i hated losing him

The tater posers on here almost outnumber the real gamecock fans. The mods have let this place go to hell.

I am excited about the hire! Our mediocre 2009 season was actually the spark that started the run we had of beating clemzun's ass, winning the east and three back to back to back 11-2 seasons! He deserves credit for making our team better while he was here... besides that- anytime you get a guy with his recruiting ability, his resume- former NCAA HC, coming here from the OL coach position in he NFL!? He has added valuable experience and credibility since he was here...
On top of all that though... I just like the guy. He was a no BS, hard working good recruiter who knew how to teach the position! I hope he sparks the same kind of explosion he helped ignite his last stin here!

Really...you may want to take another look. Taylor was a 2 star when he found him. Norwood a 3 star. The Brinkley brothers...one was fairly highly rated, the other not. Ingram was a 4 star LB that he turned into a DE/DT. John Abraham was another 2 star, C. Miller a 3 star. Other than Clowney, T Rob would he his highest rated recruit....turned him from a DE to a DT. Forgot the name of the two Alabama brothers that he coached up to be good college defensive linemen.
The Lindsey twins? They were solid on the field. Off the field...well that's another story.

we are mediocre on the field the last 3 seasons...My belief is next season will show we are not that far behind..We just need some key players to grow up, while adding some key pieces with this recruiting class...We'll see...Who really knows...Football is a strange game...There is a huge difference between 18 year olds and 20-21 year olds physically

This team could have won 8 games 2016..I know 'coulda woulda shoulda' is worth crap..We are not as bad as we looked vs Clemons...With no pass rush and a slow defensive front, we were helpless vs good QBs that were mobile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT