ADVERTISEMENT

Would you take ND and 25 against Bama ?*

I wouldn't. This has absolutely nothing to do with the SEC/ACC thing. I think Alabama is at least 30 points better on a neutral field. As always, though, anything can happen on any day.

Yes I do. Considering the competition Florida played. Y’all can chose to ignore it but the sec was way down. Texas am won their last seven but those last seven had a combined record under .500. The sec is not good this year.

Yes I do. Considering the competition Florida played. Y’all can chose to ignore it but the sec was way down. Texas am won their last seven but those last seven had a combined record under .500. The sec is not good this year.
I agree the SEC was down this year. But who did ND beat that was truly impressive outside of a CU team that was missing several important players?

Reactions: funktavious
I'd be surprised if Bama doesn't beat them by at least 4 TDs. Notre Dame proved once again that they are the most overrated team in the country. Too slow on defense and offensively their QB is too short to see all of the passing lanes. Whoever said that their defense is better than Bama and offense better than UF has got to be tripping. They're not even close to either team. In fact I think UF would beat ND by at least 2 TDs.

You have to be kidding if you think k ND offense is better than the Gators. That is a joke. UF is better at every position on offense. I agree that ND defense is better. ND will not be able to keep up offensively...
He said ND's defense was better than Bama. I will agree the ND has a better defense than UF but its not even in the same hemisphere as Bama.

The early lines are Bama - 20.5 over ND and Clem -7 over OSU.

ND will be the best defense Bama has played this year, but Bama’s offense should wear them down.

There are 4 teams in the SEC in the top 10. That's way down?

Since those 4 teams played a conference-only schedule, OF COURSE there are going to be a lot SEC teams with a below .500 records.

I know math is difficult, but try harder.

Since those 4 teams played a conference-only schedule, OF COURSE there are going to be a lot SEC teams with a below .500 records.

Not admitting the sec is down this year is just being blind. It’s been talked about a good but not just on here but also by the talking heads. We will see how it shakes out m, all I’m saying is ND could very well give bama a game and at 20.5 dogs I’ll take Nd with that spread.

ND does have a good defense but I dont know if they are fast enough in the secondary to prevent bama from taking the top off. And you know Mac Jones always has like 10 seconds to throw. If anyone is going to beat Bama they will have to figure out how to actually get pressure on him. I could see Jones struggling if forced off his spot, but nobody has been able to do that and there's a chance nobody will. Clemson doesn't have the dominant edge rushers of 2014-2018.

I'm not sure Bamas defense is really that spectacular. The difference is primarily Bamas offense vs NDs offense and the gap there is pretty huge. If you stop Ian Book from scrambling around and improvising, they really can't do all that much. Good OL, good TEs, pretty good RB, but zero threat outside at WR and Book is very limited in the pocket and doesn't like to stand in there.

ND does have a good defense but I dont know if they are fast enough in the secondary to prevent bama from taking the top off. And you know Mac Jones always has like 10 seconds to throw. If anyone is going to beat Bama they will have to figure out how to actually get pressure on him. I could see Jones struggling if forced off his spot, but nobody has been able to do that and there's a chance nobody will. Clemson doesn't have the dominant edge rushers of 2014-2018.

I'm not sure Bamas defense is really that spectacular. The difference is primarily Bamas offense vs NDs offense and the gap there is pretty huge. If you stop Ian Book from scrambling around and improvising, they really can't do all that much. Good OL, good TEs, pretty good RB, but zero threat outside at WR and Book is very limited in the pocket and doesn't like to stand in there.
I agree on all the above. Clemson will defiantly give bama more trouble than ND. I’m afraid Bamas defense in that game may cost them. Clemson’s offense is just as good as Alabama’s. Especially if they are healthy.

Yeah lol using the years record for saying the sec wasn’t good is really strange because the reason they lost those games is because either sec teams beat them

How could you possibly judge the sec being good or bad by teams in the sec only playing other sec teams?

Reactions: Judson1
I agree on all the above. Clemson will defiantly give bama more trouble than ND. I’m afraid Bamas defense in that game may cost them. Clemson’s offense is just as good as Alabama’s. Especially if they are healthy.

Agree. I think Clemson beats Bama. Bama just doesn't get the pass rush out of their front this year that they usually have. And as Florida proved last night, their secondary is certainly not up to what one normally sees from them. Dont see them stopping Clemson. Now Clemson won't shut down Bama either. But their defense is better than Florida, and will give them enough stops to make the difference.

I don't know if Clemson can get pressure either though, and, if they can't, it's probably going to look pretty similar to Clemson-LSU last year. We will probably score more than 25, but Bama will score 40+ if Jones isn't under pressure all night.

Florida doesn't have a defense but let's be honest, their offense is basically as good as anyone in the country. Extremely fast receivers and a literal freak at TE, with an accurate QB. ND isn't even close offensively to what Florida has.

Agree. I think Clemson beats Bama. Bama just doesn't get the pass rush out of their front this year that they usually have. And as Florida proved last night, their secondary is certainly not up to what one normally sees from them. Dont see them stopping Clemson. Now Clemson won't shut down Bama either. But their defense is better than Florida, and will give them enough stops to make the difference.
Florida is as as good as anyone in the county on offense including taters
Bama will do what LSU did last year IMO

The real shame is Bama/Clemson have to play these semi games. Risking injury or the dreaded targeting penalty.
Everyone knows they are the two finalist. The difference is Clemson will blitz Jones and ensure he doesn’t have time to wait on those long crossing routes. And Jones isnt a runner so advantage Clemson unfortunately.
Bama seemed content to not blitz last night. Not sure how they will try and defend Trevor.
Props to Clemson for getting top notch production out of a basically new o line and super young d line. They aren’t going anywhere.

The real shame is Bama/Clemson have to play these semi games. Risking injury or the dreaded targeting penalty.
Everyone knows they are the two finalist. The difference is Clemson will blitz Jones and ensure he doesn’t have time to wait on those long crossing routes. And Jones isnt a runner so advantage Clemson unfortunately.
Bama seemed content to not blitz last night. Not sure how they will try and defend Trevor.
Props to Clemson for getting top notch production out of a basically new o line and super young d line. They aren’t going anywhere.
I still feel like their young O line could be exploited by Bama. Keep in mind, Etienne had several terrible rushing games this year because of it. That’s why they started throwing to him out of the backfield.

You do realize that since the SEC played an SEC Only schedule this year means that almost 50% of the time an SEC team would lose their game that weekend????

I think Nd gives them a game. Hell Florida gave them a game. ND defense is better than bama and I think ND offense is better then Florida.
I would say I disagree on both counts. ND offense is nowhere near UF’s offense. Florida losses were because of their defense giving up truckloads of points. Bama’s defense is better too. Either can be exploited by a great offense, which we saw this weekend.

That is why it will be a Bama v CU final. Best offenses and best defenses will play each other.

The early lines are Bama - 20.5 over ND and Clem -7 over OSU.

ND will be the best defense Bama has played this year, but Bama’s offense should wear them down.
I don't think they will be. I'd say that
Not admitting the sec is down this year is just being blind. It’s been talked about a good but not just on here but also by the talking heads. We will see how it shakes out m, all I’m saying is ND could very well give bama a game and at 20.5 dogs I’ll take Nd with that spread.
I wouldn't call them down. Texas A&M was more deserving of a playoff spot than ND and Florida was right there in the thick of it until they lost to LSU. The bottom half of the conference may have been down but the top half was still better than any other conference in the country.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT