ADVERTISEMENT

WOW! Elmer Fudd (aka Chad Holbrook) kicking dirt

jfdubya

Jan 7, 2004
at the Ump on the way to the mound. Must be a record for him cause it might be the first time this year (or during his tenure as HC) he has done either one. Before you remove a pitcher, you get to go to "hill or hump" twice as Elmer refers to it, but up until this game, Myers went to the mound both times. Correct me if I am wrong? Hell, he rarely move himself from the top dugout steps. Do not care one bit how many negative hits I get.

I thought Elmer Fudd was the wrong pick for this plush, highly esteemed program from the very beginning. Pastides enabled the Holbrook hire just so his 'boy' Tanner he idolized could be elevated to the AD position. Not one, let me repeat that, not one, of the numerous, nations proven, winning head baseball coaches in America even got as much as a sniff at the job. Now we are stuck with Elmer who was elevated to the position without any HC experience and it appears over the last four years he has met his "peter principle. He may be a hell of a recruiter/asst coach but he's not the man for the USC Gamecock baseball program which has the nations best facility, and the best die hard fans you could ever ask for. It's a frigging shame and I hope Pastides is proud of himself for endorsing such.

Not only that Monte Lee, once a Gamecock baseball coach/Tanner assistant, is not making it easy on Gamecock Nation fans. In just his FIRST YEAR as HC of the CU program, he tearing it up, doing a more than remarkable job. As much as I like and respect him, hell, I am scared his team can go all the way. He is giving us the second thoughts of---what if?. What if he had gotten an interview and Tanner showed his loyalty to him instead of Elmer. His HC record at the College is not too shabby whereas Elmer had no HC record at all. Nuf said.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News