ADVERTISEMENT

Wow. Feel bad for Alshon

what happened?

Dropped a pass that was intercepted. Pretty much sealed the game for the Saints. You could tell he was heartbroken. Not the worst play in the world but in this day of social media you can be sure people will go overboard.

Dude played a MAJOR role in them winning the Super Bowl last season.

Is this the same Garcia that stayed drunk, kicked off multiple times until Coach finally did it fir good

Pretty sure he was suspended, not kicked off. And AD basically kicked him off the team. Glad to see Garcia standing by his teammate. Hard to name a WR that hasn’t dropped a pass. That one just happened at the wrong time and had the worst result.

Alshon's problem is he's never had a great QB to throw to him his entire career in the NFL. His salary is too large now to put him on a team with a hall of fame QB but if you stick him on a team with Brady, Breese, etc it would rival Montana/Rice and Aikman/Irvin

Reactions: cockofdawn
Alshon's problem is he's never had a great QB to throw to him his entire career in the NFL. His salary is too large now to put him on a team with a hall of fame QB but if you stick him on a team with Brady, Breese, etc it would rival Montana/Rice and Aikman/Irvin

haha Alshon is good, But Jerry Rice? Get a grip man.

Most Eagle fans are actually supporting him . It’s come out that he was playing with broken ribs today and he played the entire season last year with a seperated shoulder . Most true Philly fans know that they would have never won the super bowl or made it back into the playoffs without him . Philly fans are notorious for eating their own , but so far it’s been mostly positive . Saw a stat afterwards that Alshon has dropped 2 passes all season . Honestly Lattimore just made a hell reacting to the ball .

As an Eagles fan since birth I can say I’m pretty certain no one feels worse than Alshon does, and he owned it postgame. Yes, Philly fans are crazy, yes you are drunk if you think your fans are any better after a loss like this. Cody Parkey anyone? Philly is blue collar to the max, and if you give it all, they love you, if you mail it in, you will hear it, but I haven’t seen any crushing him too hard. Also pretty dumb for Cocks fans to be talking Chicken Curse about a guy who owned Clemmons, and who was a huge reason for that ring last year, and a huge reason this year (once Wentz wasn’t available to throw everything to the TE’s) the Eagles went from 4-6 to a few plays from beating the Saints in their house for a shot at the NFCCG, with no Clement, Ajayi, and a 65 year old Darren Sproles. We love you AJ, awesome at USC, awesome in Philly.

HATE The Eagles, But Alshon not securing that ball, wasnt the REASON they lost. it wasnt in the END ZONE for pete's sake, and what makes you think they could have even "Punched it in"?? HELL they hadnt not even scratched since their second drive of the game..

Is this the same Garcia that stayed drunk, kicked off multiple times until Coach finally did it fir good
Dude Garcia was a stud, and a Gamecock. Had he been ooached by the same ball coach that allowed Shaw to run free with RPOs he would have been a 1st round draft pick. He admits he had issues off the field and I respect him for manning up, but the kid was a baller. Please remember he played during a phase where Spurrier would criticize him publicly for running the ball even if it netted positive results. I for one have positive memories of Garcia. Go Cocks!

Dude Garcia was a stud, and a Gamecock. Had he been ooached by the same ball coach that allowed Shaw to run free with RPOs he would have been a 1st round draft pick. He admits he had issues off the field and I respect him for manning up, but the kid was a baller. Please remember he played during a phase where Spurrier would criticize him publicly for running the ball even if it netted positive results. I for one have positive memories of Garcia. Go Cocks!
Agreed! And I've always thought that SOS tried to cram a square peg into a round hole with Garcia. If he had let SG be more of who he actually was as a player, he would have been even more effective - And there might have been less conflict within/between. Garcia was a warrior.

Reactions: SCexpat38

I'm thinking these are polar positions - and that the truth lies between these two sentiments someplace. I have my own idea which end the truth lies nearer, but others will have theirs.

HATE The Eagles, But Alshon not securing that ball, wasnt the REASON they lost. it wasnt in the END ZONE for pete's sake, and what makes you think they could have even "Punched it in"?? HELL they hadnt not even scratched since their second drive of the game..

Eagles lost that game because they sat back in Soft Zone and let Drew Brees and Michael Thomas kill them . If you can’t pressure Brees he will DESTROY you . Rushing 4 and sitting back and playing zone against Brees and those receivers is a recipe for disaster .

Eagles D reminded me of 3rd and long Chuck Strong. I could handle getting smoked by Brees if they played more aggressive and helped (tried) to help a depleted secondary. Mike Groh didn’t call a good game offensively overall either, and Nick Foles’ magic may have just ran out. Helluva last 2 years though

Reactions: 92Pony
Eagles D reminded me of 3rd and long Chuck Strong. I could handle getting smoked by Brees if they played more aggressive and helped (tried) to help a depleted secondary. Mike Groh didn’t call a good game offensively overall either, and Nick Foles’ magic may have just ran out. Helluva last 2 years though
Philly's D reminded me of ours at times. Receivers seemingly running wide open on every play (especially M. Thomas).

Eagles were leaning on AJ a little more yesterday since they had trouble running the ball. Taylor Stallworth had something to do with that.

Hate it for AJ but that’s football. Somebody has to win and somebody has to loose. He’ll rebound, dude is a beast and one hell of a GC for the ages. And don’t get me started on Garcia. He had his troubles but he will always be one of my favorite players. The guy had a blue collar mentality that would punch you in the mouth rather than sliding down.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Most Eagle fans are actually supporting him . It’s come out that he was playing with broken ribs today and he played the entire season last year with a seperated shoulder . Most true Philly fans know that they would have never won the super bowl or made it back into the playoffs without him . Philly fans are notorious for eating their own , but so far it’s been mostly positive . Saw a stat afterwards that Alshon has dropped 2 passes all season . Honestly Lattimore just made a hell reacting to the ball .
Thanks for putting things in perspective. As I have posted many times put up any gamecock player-past or present- and some posters will go out of their way to critize them.

Reactions: rogue cock
Thanks for putting things in perspective. As I have posted many times put up any gamecock player-past or present- and some posters will go out of their way to critize them.

Funny thing I’ve noticed with Philly fans ... most of them are blue collar , hard working folks and if a players effort or integrity is brought into question they will DESTROY you . They still have it in for Donovan Mcnab , arguably the greatest player in their franchise history , because he was often hurt and perceived as soft . On the flip side they still love TO for playing in the Super Bowl with a broken leg and balling out even in a losing effort . Same with Alshon . He plays hurt , never takes a play off and gives Max effort and Philly fans recognize that . If Alshon had missed tons of games and dogged it , they would have eaten him alive after that drop . Most to the criticism I’ve seen has not been from most Eagles fans . The guy who is gonna get the most heat in Philly next year is Carson Weintz . If they let Foles walk and Carson gets hurt again or flops it will get UGLY for him .

Reactions: Athenscock1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT