ADVERTISEMENT

XT grew up a GC fan. How can you EVEN think of Clemson, somethings off.

Cocky89

Oct 31, 2015
Immediate playing time, close to home, grew up a fan and you chose the enemy. Muschamp needs to figure out what's wrong and fix it. Hire Billy Grahm jr. Hire a financial expert, build a Disney land.

Reactions: NorthGATiger
"Thomas transferred from Florence (S.C.) Wilson to IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla. this past semester. His family, including his father, is mostly Gamecock fans."

"Once my dad got to know the coaches at Clemson, his eyes were opened," Thomas said.

All you need to know is that last sentence $$$...

he did say that both programs were in very different places and he wants to compete for a national championship. they just won one and we are 5-7 years away.

that said i dont think he was ever a true gamecock of he was money would not be enough to make me go play for thr enemy. kind of like defecting to ISIS for me.

Immediate playing time, close to home, grew up a fan and you chose the enemy. Muschamp needs to figure out what's wrong and fix it. Hire Billy Grahm jr. Hire a financial expert, build a Disney land.
Immediate playing time doesn't matter if you're going to be double and triple teamed every play because nobody else on the line is any good.

Good lord, people... just reverse it for a second. Let's say I'm a huge Clemson fan and so is everybody in the family. My daughter just happens to grow up to become one of the top basketball players in the nation. Everybody in the country is wining and dining her. She has scholarship offers from all of the top programs - USC, Stanford, Conn, Tenn, etc. Do you really think she's only going to consider Clemson? She's gonna go to Taterville and play for a crappy program just because I took her to Clemson games as a kid? Really?

Of course not. There's so much more at stake than her favorite team as a 12 year old. We're talking about the her future. USC just won the national championship and has a red-hot coach and tons of other top players coming in... a solid program that will be competing for championships every year. Could you blame her for going to USC and wanting to be a part of that?? Of course not. At that point "lifelong Clemson fan" is totally irrelevant.

Just like when we were the top baseball program in the country, and Clemson "legacy recruits" were signing with Tanner. They couldn't understand it and branded them all as traitors. No, they were just doing what made the most sense. Like it or not, that's where Clemson is right now in football. It doesn't matter who these kids pulled for in 7th grade or where their granddaddy went to college, they're making decisions based on today. Clemson has become an elite football program, and we're not.

Good lord, people... just reverse it for a second. Let's say I'm a huge Clemson fan and so is everybody in the family. My daughter just happens to grow up to become one of the top basketball players in the nation. Everybody in the country is wining and dining her. She has scholarship offers from all of the top programs - USC, Stanford, Conn, Tenn, etc. Do you really think she's only going to consider Clemson? She's gonna go to Taterville and play for a crappy program just because I took her to Clemson games as a kid? Really?

Of course not. There's so much more at stake than her favorite team as a 12 year old. We're talking about the her future. USC just won the national championship and has a red-hot coach and tons of other top players coming in... a solid program that will be competing for championships every year. Could you blame her for going to USC and wanting to be a part of that?? Of course not. At that point "lifelong Clemson fan" is totally irrelevant.

Just like when we were the top baseball program in the country, and Clemson "legacy recruits" were signing with Tanner. They couldn't understand it and branded them all as traitors. No, they were just doing what made the most sense. Like it or not, that's where Clemson is right now in football. It doesn't matter who these kids pulled for in 7th grade or where their granddaddy went to college, they're making decisions based on today. Clemson has become an elite football program, and we're not.
THIS^^^^^^^^

Who is Xavier Thomas? Never heard of her. If he's going to Clemson he is now the enemy. Period. I'm not going to get caught up in the how's or the whys. From here on out I hope he plays horribly and ends up riding the bench for 4 years.

Reactions: 92Pony and NooNoo

Now why do you go start throwing logic and common sense around? There's no place for that here. Cheating, bagmen, and free girls, are much more fun to talk about...

Reactions: cockofthegoat
I wonder what would happen if some NCAA investigators came around and started asking some questions to XT. I just wonder if his decision would magically change again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT